Communism failed because...

...it was never properly implemented.
42%
...it's a totally flawed system.
58%

Total voters : 36

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:29pm

Kyle wrote:
If capitalism was a bike race, only 1 person would start the race with a bike, the rest would have several mismatched pieces that could not make up a whole bike, everytime someone traded their pieces to make a complete bike, an employee of the person with the complete bike would destroy it, then sue the bike builder for breach of copyright and emotional distress.. Only 1 person would ever finish the race. No, just won't work.

I think that is what would happen if communism were a microsoft product.
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby headwound on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:30pm

CaptainCaveman wrote:
Kyle wrote:.

Look mummy, I can make retarded analogies too.

Clearly a natural talent ;)

you must complete training at the wizard's academy of insight before asssessing another's problem - otherwise the +12 hunchback of disbelief will be summoned
headwound
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:34pm

ah, here we go...

me, in another thread wrote:The main paradox of communism as far as I can see is the fact that it needs an outstanding member of the intelligentsia to mobilize the proliteriat to overthrow the predominant systems of government, becoming the new ruling order.

The unfortunate thing is that these individuals are rarely without ego, and once they get into the position of power whereby they can successfully orchestrate the revolution, they are usually reluctant to relinquish their position of power out of fear that some other prick will come along and screw it all up.

As far as I can tell the only society I can think of that has gone through with the four stages of communism is China. A lot of the other countries tend to stall at the third stage where the intellgentsia have taken power and run the country for the supposed transition period. The transition
from the third to forth stage whereby the guidance of the new ruling order withers away never really happens.

...and arguing that greed is the prime motivating factor fails to take into account the inate human desire for food and shelter, that while not as tangible as more materialistic motivations, cannot be totally discounted.

Sorry...too many thoughts, hands not fast enough to type it legibly... you could argue this sort of things for ages.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:35pm

....aaaaand, Marxism for Dummies
communism.jpg
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:36pm

headwound wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:

you must complete training at the wizard's academy of insight before asssessing another's problem - otherwise the +12 hunchback of disbelief will be summoned

He won't like that, Dungeonmaster :crazy:
CaptainCaveman

Postby headwound on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:39pm

the evolution of proletarinism evolves into utopia?
headwound

Postby headwound on Fri 2/Jun/06 12:42pm

CaptainCaveman wrote:
headwound wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:

He won't like that, Dungeonmaster :crazy:

the +13 blowtorch of radiance will suffice to invigorate the blind
headwound

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 1:06pm

headwound wrote:

the +13 blowtorch of radiance will suffice to invigorate the blind

Is it made of thousands of luminous spheres for a Natural Glow?
CaptainCaveman

Postby Friendly Llama on Fri 2/Jun/06 1:13pm

Whoa! Natural glow is made of orbs!

Suzanne Paul knows how to kill the ghosts!
Friendly Llama
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby JK2 on Fri 2/Jun/06 1:50pm

capitalism is cool cos it leads to consumerism and lets us spend a lot of time working so we can buy stuff we don't need, often with money we don't have.
JK2
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby MikeD on Fri 2/Jun/06 2:14pm

Any sort of philosophy/model of history which posits some sort of steady-state 'end' to history, government, economics, and human development is pure folly, period.

Plus, once there's a chance to take advantage of someone else, it's a pretty damned good guarantee that there's someone willing to do it. I can't imagine any kind of social engineering which could rid you of the possibility of one person or group taking advantage of another.

MD
MikeD
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Fri 2/Jun/06 2:16pm

MikeD wrote: Any sort of philosophy/model of history which posits some sort of steady-state 'end' to history, government, economics, and human development is pure folly, period.

Plus, once there's a chance to take advantage of someone else, it's a pretty damned good guarantee that there's someone willing to do it. I can't imagine any kind of social engineering which could rid you of the possibility of one person or group taking advantage of another.

MD

I'd go further and say that under some circumstances, people are more than happy to be taken advantage of...
CaptainCaveman

Postby Slim on Fri 2/Jun/06 2:22pm

It was the internet :)
Slim
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby MikeD on Fri 2/Jun/06 2:24pm

Slim wrote: It was the internet :)

Are you saying the Internet Killed the Marxism Star?
MikeD
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby fox on Fri 2/Jun/06 2:27pm

Why did communism fail. I really dont know. The lack of a need for equal distrubution. After the end of the great depression
fox
Member for: 12 years 7 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts