Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:31am

Klarkash-ton wrote:
wgtngrl wrote:
Kazmeistyr wrote:Does "Show us yer mad cans" count as abuse?

Sorry, but yes - at least ask us out for coffee first. 'Hot bike' on the other hand, is always a welcome compliment ;)


on my way to work this morning I asked all the lady roadies I passed if they'd like a coffee, but they just *stared*

I usually ride afternoon/evening ;)
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby cooper770 on Fri 22/Jan/10 4:08pm

Crashchan wrote:Love the title of this thread. Dam it has to open up a can of worms :D I have roadie mates but the roadies that hog the dam road piss me off riding three to four wide your just asking to be run over.


you're right.....if they did they would but as they don't they won't.....I think you have roadies confused with kids going to school and lost MTber's.
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Tasmanian on Fri 22/Jan/10 7:27pm

My father told me it would send me blind or silly, or both.
That is not true.
I have proved that if you stop to sleep and eat at least once a week, you will pull through.
Tasmanian
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Crashchan on Fri 22/Jan/10 7:47pm

cooper770 wrote:
Crashchan wrote:Love the title of this thread. Dam it has to open up a can of worms :D I have roadie mates but the roadies that hog the dam road piss me off riding three to four wide your just asking to be run over.


you're right.....if they did they would but as they don't they won't.....I think you have roadies confused with kids going to school and lost MTber's.


Nope not up this way! They are roadies I would not take those pizza cutters mtbing. :p
Crashchan
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Tasmanian on Fri 22/Jan/10 8:52pm

happybaboon wrote:Whats wrong with having a wank?


I was, and it looks like my reply has been yanked. Do you get any notification here if you get the boot?
Tasmanian
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby pushbikerider on Fri 22/Jan/10 8:54pm

Tasmanian wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Whats wrong with having a wank?


I was, and it looks like my reply has been yanked. Do you get any notification here if you get the boot?


if your post gets deleted / edited not normally, unless you continue to post more rude / offensive stuff
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Tasmanian on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:24pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Tasmanian wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Whats wrong with having a wank?


I was, and it looks like my reply has been yanked. Do you get any notification here if you get the boot?


if your post gets deleted / edited not normally, unless you continue to post more rude / offensive stuff


Its Ok, I found it. It is still there. Perhaps I have gone blind!!

(Sorry about the Aussie accent, hope you can understand me)
Tasmanian
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby fatwombat on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:36pm

I was driving home from the LBS with my "steel is real" roadie bike on the back (I :love: my LBS - they overhauled my hubs and replaced my cassette lockring for free!) and I saw a wanker of a roadie today (not like the FRIENDLY ROADIES I kept meeting on Wednesday) - he was weaving through the peak hour traffic, cutting in front of cars, swerving across two crowded lanes, going straight ahead from the left side of the left turn lane . . . had a bright red shirt from a Capital LBS that I won't name!!

Bad form, I say, jolly bad form!!
fatwombat
User avatar
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby phunk on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:38pm

fatwombat wrote:I saw a wanker of a roadie today (not like the FRIENDLY ROADIES I kept meeting on Wednesday) - he was weaving through the peak hour traffic, cutting in front of cars, swerving across two crowded lanes, going straight ahead from the left side of the left turn lane . . . had a bright red shirt from a Capital LBS that I won't name!!

Bad form, I say, jolly bad form!!


Yeah people really shouldnt wear red shirts :eh:
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Joel on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:48pm

i saw babs fixing a puncture today, in makara valley. but i was in the mist of pain and focusing on smashing my legs, and just blasted past without a wave or hello. :eh:

i admit to being a roadie wanker but meh :D
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 22/Jan/10 10:16pm

Joel wrote:i saw babs fixing a puncture today, in makara valley. but i was in the mist of pain and focusing on smashing my legs, and just blasted past without a wave or hello. :eh:

i admit to being a roadie wanker but meh :D


no, there's being a wanker, but that was just ...multisport...
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby neels on Fri 22/Jan/10 10:36pm

Fuck it, I don't want to be a wanker, I'm selling my roadie here
neels
User avatar
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Joel on Sat 23/Jan/10 7:52am

Klarkash-ton wrote:
Joel wrote:i saw babs fixing a puncture today, in makara valley. but i was in the mist of pain and focusing on smashing my legs, and just blasted past without a wave or hello. :eh:

i admit to being a roadie wanker but meh :D


no, there's being a wanker, but that was just ...multisport...

LOL thats not a nice thing to say.

when in the middle of working hard, last thing i am doing is taking notice of riders going the other..when i have eased it off, absolutely. but not when in the middle of hurt and brain is searching for reasons to stop.. it is a case of tunnel vision to focus and finish.
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Spokes on Sat 23/Jan/10 8:05am

Joel wrote:
Klarkash-ton wrote:
Joel wrote:i saw babs fixing a puncture today, in makara valley. but i was in the mist of pain and focusing on smashing my legs, and just blasted past without a wave or hello. :eh:

i admit to being a roadie wanker but meh :D


no, there's being a wanker, but that was just ...multisport...

LOL thats not a nice thing to say.

when in the middle of working hard, last thing i am doing is taking notice of riders going the other..when i have eased it off, absolutely. but not when in the middle of hurt and brain is searching for reasons to stop.. it is a case of tunnel vision to focus and finish.


And forgetting about being human?
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Why Are Roadies Such Wankers?

Postby Joel on Sat 23/Jan/10 8:09am

Spokes wrote:
Joel wrote:
Klarkash-ton wrote:
Joel wrote:i saw babs fixing a puncture today, in makara valley. but i was in the mist of pain and focusing on smashing my legs, and just blasted past without a wave or hello. :eh:

i admit to being a roadie wanker but meh :D


no, there's being a wanker, but that was just ...multisport...

LOL thats not a nice thing to say.

when in the middle of working hard, last thing i am doing is taking notice of riders going the other..when i have eased it off, absolutely. but not when in the middle of hurt and brain is searching for reasons to stop.. it is a case of tunnel vision to focus and finish.


And forgetting about being human?

meh
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts

Who is online

53 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Scotty, Velocipedestrian and 48 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle

cron