Ford vs Holden - who will take it out?

Poll ended at Sun 8/Oct/06 4:31pm

Holden
57%
Ford
43%

Total voters : 35

Postby wachtourak on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:25pm

They were there, they just didn't mention them individually, cos it was 2 in a row or whatever. But they were there parked up at the end.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:29pm

I would have loved to see the Kelly bros take home the win and get their name on Brockys trophy, but if a Ford driver had to win it, im glad it was Lowndes- anyone could see how much it meant to him to honour his mate in the lap of honour, and you could see it all over his face when he crossed the finish line. Full credit to him for a good drive.

Pity that in a weekend centered around the momory of one deceased driver another one took his last drive too.
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:40pm

As they didn't have any of the fords he drove either I'm guessing it was just the cars he won in. There would have been alot of cars if it was all the cars he drove there though
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:51pm

jeremyb wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Crikey - I cast my line out once with just a little bait and hooked my self two whoppers! :lol:

You'd be quite used to having a whopper in each hand wouldn't you :D

Now don't you start.... :lol:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:53pm

Datsane wrote: Any news on the Rat?

According to the media, he has lots of bruising and a broken ankle, and wanted to go home for his birthday.. but has been kept in hospital for observation.. ;)
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:55pm

robbieracer wrote:
Datsane wrote: Any news on the Rat?

According to the media, he has lots of bruising and a broken ankle, and wanted to go home for his birthday.. but has been kept in hospital for observation.. ;)
Awesome, He took one hell of an impact to the front of that car.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 1:00pm

Yarr, judging by the normal exit speed of the previous corner, I reckon about 80-90 kph.

Do not do that in your normal shopping car childrens.
Robbie

Postby ShoreBoy on Mon 9/Oct/06 5:50pm

R.I.P Mark. That's utterly terrible news. It was a horrible crash, but I don't think it was anyone's fault.

This is a truly sad day for Australasian motorsport.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 6:14pm

robbieracer wrote: Yarr, judging by the normal exit speed of the previous corner, I reckon about 80-90 kph.

Do not do that in your normal shopping car childrens.
They said more like 180-190 while I was watching it :crazy:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Steve-O on Mon 9/Oct/06 8:26pm

Just heard the news coming back from Suzuka, damn sad to hear of that, only a year and a half or two years ago we all got a real scare at Manfield circuit when Robin (Mark's dad) rolled his eagle spares supertruck over 2 or 3 times. The cage was crushed down on the driver and people thought we would be removing a dead body, seems motorsport is always one of those high gamble situations, despite the upmost safety in the vehicles, there are always the what-if situations, seems this was one of those.

RIP mark!
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby stp1guru on Mon 9/Oct/06 8:37pm

GO FORD finally a win !!!!

Very sad that mark had to suffer and his family R.I.P

Thats two deaths of people doing wat they love in a month

. . . . i think
stp1guru
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 8:41pm

Datsane wrote: They said more like 180-190 while I was watching it :crazy:

Ah they do get excited those comentators. Looking at the digital speed readouts of the cars exiting the previous corner, The Rat went onto the grass at about 130 kph ish, perhaps a bit less, and had a couple of seconds to slow down..
Unless he tried to accelerate, but given he was knocked off the road and was immediately pointing towards a wall on off camber grass..probably not

:eh:
Robbie

Postby Steve-O on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:02pm

If he was on the grass would have hit the brakes and they would have locked instantly, but the carried speed would have meant he just skidded scrubbing a little but bugger all speed off. usually all happens so fast that you often dont even have time to realise which part of the car is going to make contact with the wall or tyres.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:04pm

Steve-O wrote: If he was on the grass would have hit the brakes and they would have locked instantly, but the carried speed would have meant he just skidded scrubbing a little but bugger all speed off. usually all happens so fast that you often dont even have time to realise which part of the car is going to make contact with the wall or tyres.
I don't even think that he hit the brakes as he tried to get back onto the road.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:09pm

Hitting the brakes on grass, I agree, no person with any real ability would do it!
Robbie

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts