Ford vs Holden - who will take it out?

Poll ended at Sun 8/Oct/06 4:31pm

Holden
57%
Ford
43%

Total voters : 35

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:09am

SlackBoy wrote: did anyone else also notice that lowndes won by 0.5 of a second.....05 being brockies number
Yes slacky anything else you would like to point out?
Like they all drove cars?
The fact the the Safety car hit another car maybe :huh:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:13am

Datsane wrote:
SlackBoy wrote: did anyone else also notice that lowndes won by 0.5 of a second.....05 being brockies number

I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to point out that babs should stick to sucking cock, and for him not to bother posting in a thread about which he has no idea or even half a fucking clue about :thumbsup:
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 9/Oct/06 1:01am

SlackBoy wrote:
Datsane wrote:

I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to point out that babs should stick to sucking cock, and for him not to bother posting in a thread about which he has no idea or even half a fucking clue about :thumbsup:

Crikey - I cast my line out once with just a little bait and hooked my self two whoppers! :lol:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby sifter on Mon 9/Oct/06 7:46am

Kiwi driver dies after Bathurst crash
09 October 2006

Kiwi driver Mark Porter has died in hospital after suffering massive injuries in a crash while preparing for the Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama on Friday.

Porter's family issued a statement last night confirming his death.

"With untold sadness the family of Mark Porter advises that Mark has passed away," it said.

The 31-year-old Gold Coast-based, Hamilton-born New Zealander is survived by his wife Adrienne and one-year-old son Flynn. His parents flew from Waikato to Australia to be at his bedside.

Porter and Australian driver David Clark were airlifted to hospital on Friday after Clark ploughed into Porter's stalled Holden Commodore at close to 180 km/h during a race at the Bathurst 1000 meeting.

While climbing the mountain on the 12th lap of the 14-lap development race, Porter suddenly spun his car sideways, stalled and was left stranded in the middle of the track in an area blinded to oncoming traffic.

Clark sent his Ford Falcon sideways in an attempt to escape collision but crashed directly into Porter's driver's side door.

Porter suffered serious head injuries and extensive internal fractures and had been on life support in a critical condition at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital since the crash.

His family conveyed their "heartfelt appreciation" for the efforts of medical crews at the track, Bathurst Base Hospital, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and those who transported him between the facilities.

"They gave Mark every chance at life, for which we thank them," the statement said.

"The family also expresses their appreciation of the efforts of the officials of V8 Supercars Australia, all of whom have done their utmost to support all those involved in this tragedy."

The family conveyed their best wishes to Clark for a complete recovery.

Clark, 28, awoke from his induced coma with his wife Leah, eight-month-old daughter Reese and parents by his bedside at Nepean Hospital in Penrith.
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby dented on Mon 9/Oct/06 7:56am

R.I.P.

That is really sad news :(
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 9/Oct/06 7:58am

happybaboon wrote:Crikey - I cast my line out once with just a little bait and hooked my self two whoppers! :lol:

You'd be quite used to having a whopper in each hand wouldn't you :D
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby dented on Mon 9/Oct/06 7:58am

happybaboon wrote: Crikey - I cast my line out once with just a little bait and hooked my self two whoppers! :lol:

You're like that outcast loner kid at school that nobody likes. You find amusement out of pretending to be a know-all to piss people off.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 8:22am

Such a shame about Mark Porter.

He was indeed giving his life a red hot go, and he got bitten. His family will never be the same.. nor willl the driver that collided with him :(
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 9/Oct/06 9:12am

RIP Mark :(
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Mon 9/Oct/06 9:20am

I dont follow this racing, though if I did, this would be the one I would follow (the circuit rules!).... I dont get into that Holdon vs Food thing. bloody sad when someone is killed though. and this seems like the classic racing incident. noone at fault.

RIP
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby The Pretender on Mon 9/Oct/06 9:21am

i didnt notice that, just makes it a bit more special.

glad loundes won (even tho he drives a ford) - he was out to win that race for brocky from start to finish. the emotion that he showed on that parade lap just emulated how close he and brock were. plus the brock always with us sticker on his helmet was a nice tribute to him too.

well done loundes :thumbsup:
The Pretender
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:07am

The Pretender wrote:

i didnt notice that, just makes it a bit more special.

glad loundes won (even tho he drives a ford) - he was out to win that race for brocky from start to finish. the emotion that he showed on that parade lap just emulated how close he and brock were. plus the brock always with us sticker on his helmet was a nice tribute to him too.

well done loundes :thumbsup:
Yeah Him having abit of a cry made you think about how much he (brocky) has impacted on those drivers. I like that Brockys wife went out to give him a hug :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Robbie on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:36am

It is hard to show how big Peter Brock was in Australia to people in New Zealand.

I grew up watchiing the guy race, his dual with Alan Moffat lasted for decades..
Being in the middle of the Sandown granstand with 40 000 Holden fans on one side, and 40 000 Ford fans on the other was quite an experience.

Imagine a driver like Possum Bourne, and that he had been at the top of his sport for about 30 years. Also imagine that he won the toughest race of the year about a third of the times he started it, when some brilliant drivers never win it at all...

That sort of covers his presence in motorsport, except he never behaved in an unsporting way on the track, and there were some days when he was invincible.

He also spent years working on road safety with schools and charities, he owned a self sustaining farm.

When I worked with him he was always a totally honest straightforward guy, one of the most remarkable people I have met ( regardless of his sporting achievements)

Craig Lowndes is also a very decent guy, I first met him before he was famous, fresh after his Formula Ford sucess. I am no particular Ford fan, but it was nice to see him win.

Such a shame this year's race had such a high price...
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 9/Oct/06 10:44am

He was huge in Aussie thats for sure. In Nz mostly only the older motorsport fans knew of him like the Aussies did.

Any news on the Rat?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby GraemeWi on Mon 9/Oct/06 12:22pm

So in the pre-race tribute to Brock - anyone notice the VH cars from 82 / 83 was not represented?

Was great to see the 1975 L34 is still around! My favourite would still have to be the 87 VL - such an attractive car )

I thought the 72 LJ had been destroyed by Colin Bond during the 1973 season?

[edit - the VH was there after-all - just wasn't on TV.. list from bathurst Website below, few typos!]

The parade cars and drivers

1972 Torana XU1 Craig Lowndes

1975 Torana SLR 5000 Greg Murphy <--- L34... grrrr not SL/R

1976 Austin A30 James Brock <--- think they got the year wrong!

1978 Torana SS 5000 Jim Richards <-- A9X

1979 Torana SS 5000 David Parsons <-- A9X

1980 Commodore VC Phillip Brock

1982/83 Commodore VH John Harvey

1984 Commodore VK Larry Perkins

1987 Commodore VL Peter McLeod

Great result for CL winning. Go the blue team!
GraemeWi
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts