Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Who Wants To Learn How To Jump?

Postby Colin on Tue 4/Jan/11 10:40am

:blink:
Colin
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby kona.stinky. on Tue 4/Jan/11 11:22am

Jono wrote:I still want to learn how to jump...

Go to a track called the Budda at Craters Of The Moon, good track to learn on and hardly any/no braking bumps, or ruts, not many people ride it, it's got a gap which looks hard but is actually really easy as long as you have enough speed, if you don't it will end very badly. There's a 1m drop thats good for teaching you how to handle a drop, and there's some 5-6ft long tabletops at the bottom, also there's a jump thats uber sketchy, that for some reason is pointed straight into a tree it's like a 3m jump, that is a 1.5m step down to flat. Overall reasonably good track. Normally people complete the track in under 2min, fastest Have heard of so far was 40seconds.
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby ratrod on Tue 4/Jan/11 6:15pm

skeletor wrote:DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude perfect timing. I was thinking of dredging this thread up as I'm in Welly for a couple days and am keen for some skidz...
ratrod
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby big_d on Tue 4/Jan/11 8:06pm

ratrod wrote:
skeletor wrote:DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude perfect timing. I was thinking of dredging this thread up as I'm in Welly for a couple days and am keen for some skidz...

Sweet, You still got my number? if not, PM me :thumbsup:
big_d
"GIGAAANNNNNNTOOR!"

Postby rackerrack on Tue 4/Jan/11 8:14pm

kona.stinky. wrote:

Go to a track called the Budda at Craters Of The Moon, good track to learn on and hardly any/no braking bumps, or ruts, not many people ride it, it's got a gap which looks hard but is actually really easy as long as you have enough speed, if you don't it will end very badly. There's a 1m drop thats good for teaching you how to handle a drop, and there's some 5-6ft long tabletops at the bottom, also there's a jump thats uber sketchy, that for some reason is pointed straight into a tree it's like a 3m jump, that is a 1.5m step down to flat. Overall reasonably good track. Normally people complete the track in under 2min, fastest Have heard of so far was 40seconds.

Ha Ha,Sweet,must give this a try,
Who wants to learn to jump vs Budda.
Anyone keen?
rackerrack
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby rackerrack on Tue 4/Jan/11 8:15pm

ratrod wrote:

Keen for a skid in Levin?
rackerrack
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby ratrod on Tue 4/Jan/11 10:09pm

big_d wrote:
ratrod wrote:

Sweet, You still got my number? if not, PM me :thumbsup:

PM sent
ratrod

Postby ratrod on Tue 4/Jan/11 10:10pm

rackerrack wrote:
ratrod wrote:

Keen for a skid in Levin?

Hmm maybe, but I think I'd prefer something closer to my Welly home. I'll be heading past Levin later this week on the way back to the 'Tron.
ratrod

Postby skeletor on Wed 5/Jan/11 10:16pm

Hahaha. So funny. Thread lives on!
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby skeletor on Wed 5/Jan/11 10:17pm

Gimme a call.. haha
skeletor
"can has your sister?"

Postby thelivo on Wed 5/Jan/11 10:27pm

kona.stinky. wrote:

:D
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby JacobRjett on Thu 17/Feb/11 2:58am

Is this thread still alive

whats changed in the last year around welly any new tracks or big changes? hows jawbone going along at long gully? i have been out of it for over a year now but im getting a new bike and am keen to get back into it, had to stop because i think i damaged a ligament and my knee kept giving up so gave it a huge break. maybe if there are still big gatherings going on through this thread i would be keen to come along to the next one, i have to take it easy now though. if anyone remembers i am the kid who rode the pink stinky.

- jake
JacobRjett
"eating your dust"

Postby big_d on Thu 17/Feb/11 9:54am

Hey Jake,
there's been a lot going on.

Jawbone was beefed up, the race track was overhauled, there's some new tracks going in around the place & Karori BMX track is now a huge dirt jump park.

You can keep up-to-date at facebook.com/WellyMTB :thumbsup:
big_d
"GIGAAANNNNNNTOOR!"

Postby JacobRjett on Thu 17/Feb/11 11:50am

oh sounds sweet! thanks big d ;)
JacobRjett
"eating your dust"

Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington Region - Latest Posts