Re: Who Is Responsible?

Postby dirtydawg on Thu 27/May/10 10:26pm

tombomb600 wrote:
dirtydawg wrote:I've compared mine to those supposedly used in the above shots. I've also taken beam shots, but tried to get them as accurate as possible, so as not to mis-represent. There is no way they are anywhere near what has been posted in this thread. The spread is similar but the brightness not so.

Also, if the shot is overexposed, that would cause any light in the sky to be 'amplified' and therefore creating the false colour we see in the pic.

my 2c

If my google translate skills are correct the picture used is an 8 second exposure

Google translate skills a little out......Camera settings were as follows: ISO200 f2.8 1 second exposure. Tried to get as close as possible to the 'real thing'.

I bet none of them selling product out of their boot at the bike parks (dirty dawg) are giving nothing back to the industry

I do not sell lights out of the boot of my car. I use a website and TradeMe. I may however make some deliveries whilst I happen to be at the bike park for a ride.

In addition, people who are just getting into or thinking about taking up night riding may think twice about spending $200 plus on a set of riding lights. By supplying an economical option for $150-$160 I am making regular night riding a realty for some rider, therefore increasing the number of riders night riding in Auckland, around NZ and in Australia. I would say this is not only contributing to cycling as a sport but also the industry (more people using bike park, more riding therefore more need servicing and other parts etc). I admit not a huge contribution, but a contribution none the less.

Kel, I do however think you are doing the right thing by sponsoring athletes and giving to charity. It lifts the profile of your brand and gives back. Well done. (not sarcastic).
dirtydawg
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 10:49pm

dirtydawg wrote:Google translate skills a little out......Camera settings were as follows: ISO200 f2.8 1 second exposure. Tried to get as close as possible to the 'real thing'.

The EXIF data is all there on the russian site
Just after midnight on 18th July 2009
Nikon Coolpix 5100.
200ISO 3s f/3.0
znomit
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby dirtydawg on Thu 27/May/10 10:54pm

znomit wrote:
dirtydawg wrote:Google translate skills a little out......Camera settings were as follows: ISO200 f2.8 1 second exposure. Tried to get as close as possible to the 'real thing'.

The EXIF data is all there on the russian site
Just after midnight on 18th July 2009
Nikon Coolpix 5100.
200ISO 3s f/3.0

Yup agree, I saw that as well......The comment I made was in reference to the beam shots on my website. The ones I took. The ones I posted on my website. The ones taken of a light 'arguably' the same brightness as DX/Magicshine etc
Last edited by dirtydawg on Thu 27/May/10 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtydawg

Postby cruiser on Thu 27/May/10 10:54pm

not here to mock the lights. They are what they are. The issue is Kel, your past is affecting you, you're pushing shit uphill trying to convince people you have integrity. And you're not doing yourself any favors making excuses about financial issues, we've all got them.

The construction quality in the boat photos paint a damning picture of your integrity, let alone the so'called heresay of copyright and money issues.

Whether you're giving the money to charity or not, you are undercutting your retailers....another dent in your integrity?

not knocking you personally, just giving my perception
cruiser
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 10:57pm

You should watermark those pics. God knows where they might turn up :p
znomit

Postby dirtydawg on Thu 27/May/10 10:58pm

znomit wrote:You should watermark those pics. God knows where they might turn up :p

lmao.......on it!
dirtydawg

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 11:09pm

cruiser wrote:Whether you're giving the money to charity or not, you are undercutting your retailers....another dent in your integrity?

Be interesting to see what the light sells for.
The 33% tax rebate might cover Kels costs. :thumbsup:
znomit

Postby cruiser on Thu 27/May/10 11:25pm

If the buyer was smart he'd write a non-negotiable/ Acc payee cheque to starship... :D
cruiser

Postby znomit on Fri 28/May/10 7:53pm

It just warms your heart.
Think of the children!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycling ... 268596.htm
znomit

Postby phunk on Fri 28/May/10 8:37pm

keltravers wrote: Nitelights already sponsors 6 up and coming riders, the osprey/nitelights.co.nz XPD adventure team. Supports as many national mtb and cycling events as possible, supplying many thousands of dollars in spot prizes to these events already and for the remainder of the season.

Advertises in national magazines...

What's wrong with posting an auction and giving the proceeds to charity?

Nothing at all wrong with any of this, but its purely with the intent that it will help you sell more lights.
phunk
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby cruiser on Fri 28/May/10 9:21pm

znomit wrote:It just warms your heart.
Think of the children!

hilarious...now we just need kel and dawg to bring in powermeters.
cruiser

Postby keltravers on Fri 28/May/10 11:03pm

znomit wrote:It just warms your heart.
Think of the children!

Well at least its original!!!

The man is angry
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby cooper770 on Fri 28/May/10 11:21pm

phunk wrote:
keltravers wrote: Nitelights already sponsors 6 up and coming riders, the osprey/nitelights.co.nz XPD adventure team. Supports as many national mtb and cycling events as possible, supplying many thousands of dollars in spot prizes to these events already and for the remainder of the season.

Nothing at all wrong with any of this, but its purely with the intent that it will help you sell more lights.

with out getting into the inner working of vorb politics...

but that's why a business gets involved in charitable works and events. To promote and advertise their business. There's nothing wrong or immoral in doing that. business and enterprise have been using good works with in the community for years as a way of establishing their credentials, products or services. or do you believe that company's like Subway sponsor cycling teams because the uniforms look nice?
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby phunk on Sat 29/May/10 10:28am

cooper770 wrote:
phunk wrote:

with out getting into the inner working of vorb politics...

but that's why a business gets involved in charitable works and events. To promote and advertise their business. There's nothing wrong or immoral in doing that. business and enterprise have been using good works with in the community for years as a way of establishing their credentials, products or services. or do you believe that company's like Subway sponsor cycling teams because the uniforms look nice?

Exactly, but trying to claim that you are giving back to the community and therefore morally superior and all that is taking it a bit far..
phunk
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby cruiser on Sat 29/May/10 1:20pm

the underlying motive is to cut the sales his competitors are making by directly competing on pricepoint, under the guise of charity to keep any retail/ wholesale 'integrity'.
cruiser

Sifting - Latest Posts