Re: Who Is Responsible?

Postby dirtydawg on Thu 27/May/10 9:18am

I've compared mine to those supposedly used in the above shots. I've also taken beam shots, but tried to get them as accurate as possible, so as not to mis-represent. There is no way they are anywhere near what has been posted in this thread. The spread is similar but the brightness not so.

Also, if the shot is overexposed, that would cause any light in the sky to be 'amplified' and therefore creating the false colour we see in the pic.

my 2c
dirtydawg
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby nzmatto on Thu 27/May/10 9:33am

I looked at those the other week when I was considering my lighting options (decided to keep what I've got) and my thought was it's ok showing a photo, but how about telling us how long the exposure was. I was thinking of taking a shot of my lights to show how good they are.
I am glad I didn't buy any of these ones from TM now that I know it's a stolen pic that may or may not have anything to do with the actual light being sold.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby mark2c on Thu 27/May/10 9:34am

Kel,

What is the story here?

Last time you said the manufacturer provided the pinched photos to you.

What is the excuse for less-than-honesty this time?
mark2c
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 1:11pm

"...all profits from out TM sales go there."

"Seller Comment: The total sale price will go to Starship with no deductions"
:ib:

These things are quite different.

I guess they claim the tax back themselves on the donation. :hmmm:
znomit
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby cooper770 on Thu 27/May/10 2:39pm

znomit wrote:"...all profits from out TM sales go there."

lets tonight get ours out and compare see who's is bigger and go's further.... there may even be some ladies on tonights ride who could give us expert evaluations....we all know they see better in the dark!
cooper770
"Enjoy the sandpit Kids, some of us have left Kindy."
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby mark2c on Thu 27/May/10 3:12pm

cooper770 wrote:
znomit wrote:"...all profits from out TM sales go there."

lets tonight get ours out and compare see who's is bigger and go's further.... there may even be some ladies on tonights ride who could give us expert evaluations....we all know they see better in the dark!

Is this a car race?
mark2c
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby keltravers on Thu 27/May/10 8:12pm

Maybe permission was sought to use the photo?

Maybe the TM auction is for a legitimate cause considering Nitelights already sponsors 6 up and coming riders, the osprey/nitelights.co.nz XPD adventure team. Supports as many national mtb and cycling events as possible, supplying many thousands of dollars in spot prizes to these events already and for the remainder of the season.

Advertises in national magazines...

Maybe Nitelights gave a considerable amount of money from the last TM auction to a group of middle aged girls who completed the oxfam trail walker.

Maybe Nitelights supports our national retailers, because if you all continue to buy offshore or off TM traders trying to make a quick buck. Nitelights could be selling the lights VERY cheap online however the decision was made to support the retailers. You see that's how the world works. If you all continus to buy your stuff online you won't have any retailers left to get advice and service.

Although it seems that some of you on this forum know everything anyway

What's wrong with posting an auction and giving the proceeds to charity?
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 27/May/10 8:16pm

fucking lol

"continue to buy offshore"

you are just a middle man!

oh noes support the middle man who is buying offshore to on sell

you are so full of shit
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 27/May/10 8:32pm

Kel - good on you for supporting the riders, walkers and other causes that you've listed.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby keltravers on Thu 27/May/10 8:37pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:Kel - good on you for supporting the riders, walkers and other causes that you've listed.

Thanks, must say we are getting annoyed by the great Kiwi knocking machine and all the (making a quick buck) traders trying to sponge off all of ours and the retailers hard work.

I bet none of them selling product out of their boot at the bike parks (dirty dawg) are giving nothing back to the industry
keltravers

Postby tombomb600 on Thu 27/May/10 8:45pm

dirtydawg wrote:I've compared mine to those supposedly used in the above shots. I've also taken beam shots, but tried to get them as accurate as possible, so as not to mis-represent. There is no way they are anywhere near what has been posted in this thread. The spread is similar but the brightness not so.

Also, if the shot is overexposed, that would cause any light in the sky to be 'amplified' and therefore creating the false colour we see in the pic.

my 2c

If my google translate skills are correct the picture used is an 8 second exposure
tombomb600
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby neels on Thu 27/May/10 8:47pm

keltravers wrote:Thanks, must say we are getting annoyed by the great Kiwi knocking machine and all the (making a quick buck) traders trying to sponge off all of ours and the retailers hard work.
The bastards, people should buy lights off you to keep things local.

It would appear they should think twice about buying a boat though....
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby keltravers on Thu 27/May/10 8:52pm

neels wrote:
keltravers wrote:Thanks, must say we are getting annoyed by the great Kiwi knocking machine and all the (making a quick buck) traders trying to sponge off all of ours and the retailers hard work.
The bastards, people should buy lights off you to keep things local.

It would appear they should think twice about buying a boat though....

Mate, customers who couldn't renew their overgeared financal commitments killed the boating industry, ask Riviera, Mustang, Genesis, Salthouse plus many more, not me. That article is not completely correct, where are the accused's comments in it? Good balanced reporting that is...
keltravers

Postby keltravers on Thu 27/May/10 8:54pm

Wobbler wrote:fucking lol

"continue to buy offshore"

you are just a middle man!

oh noes support the middle man who is buying offshore to on sell

you are so full of shit

Yeh but Nitelights gives something back, In bet the retailers that sell the products support others as well, if giving to charities and supporting others is full of shit then we are damned!!!!

Tossa
keltravers

Postby znomit on Thu 27/May/10 9:05pm

tombomb600 wrote:
dirtydawg wrote:I've compared mine to those supposedly used in the above shots. I've also taken beam shots, but tried to get them as accurate as possible, so as not to mis-represent. There is no way they are anywhere near what has been posted in this thread. The spread is similar but the brightness not so.

my 2c

If my google translate skills are correct the picture used is an 8 second exposure

Dark sky is good... think this is a little dim but the 2s is a little bright.

znomit
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Sifting - Latest Posts