Who Reckons Greenwood Is Making Nz Riders Look Like Pussies?

Postby Haydz on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:35am

Who reckons Greenwood is making NZ riders look like pussies?
So far on Drop In, all he's done is bitch and whinge about every location they've been to.
And the weather - I quote: "Not impressed - there was water and mud and we got all dirty"
And the trails - "Not impressed - I had to pedal" (this one begs the question - you may be in the wrong sport there son, if you don't like pedalling. As far as I can see, riding bikes usually requires pedalling...correct me if I'm wrong.)
Just about every rider on the tour doesn't seem to like him much.
And in the last episode he was sulking about something, and didn't want to ride because he'd get dirty.

So Nathan Greenwood - I am not impressed with your attitude to riding bikes. Do it to have a laugh, don't take yourself that seriously fella.

What do you guys reckon? Is he giving us New Zealand riders a bad rep?

[/ end rant]
Haydz
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Clarky on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:39am

...he still hits some pretty big jumps. :eh:
Clarky
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby jerms669 on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:41am

Clarkster wrote: ...he still hits some pretty big jumps. :eh:

Thats his stunt double silly ;)

jerms669
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Chris_D on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:47am

I've only seen a few eps of Drop In, and dont know any of the history, so here's my unbiased opinion - Nathan Greenwood is a tool. Of all the people that could be riding with those guys...
Chris_D
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby mundi on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:47am

i dont know about looking like a pussy, but he kinda does come off looking like a bit of a twat!

Although Reon Boe stepped up ( literally) for the kiwis last night! Good shit fella!

But Mr Greenwood, its almost a joke now, especially his hissy fit last night about the 4wd goin down the hill.
mundi
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Jono on Fri 7/Apr/06 11:47am

Meh - there are more than enough guest riders to make sure that viewers don't think that NZ riders are pussies.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby radical_edward on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:09pm

Moan all you like, diva, but when the camera is rolling....

There is a really good interview with Cedric Gracia in the current Dirt about media training and the state of mountain bikings image.
radical_edward
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby james on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:19pm

radical_edward wrote:There is a really good interview with Cedric Gracia in the current Dirt about media training and the state of mountain bikings image.

Cedric read my copy for the first time and was pissing himself with some of the stuff they printed.... If only I understood French.... :huh:
dirt.jpg
Cedric was here....
james
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby radical_edward on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:29pm

james_giant wrote:
radical_edward wrote:There is a really good interview with Cedric Gracia in the current Dirt about media training and the state of mountain bikings image.

Cedric read my copy for the first time and was pissing himself with some of the stuff they printed.... If only I understood French.... :huh:

He was certainly frank about a lot of things. His comments on the state of urban/slopestyle/winsome mtb vs bmx are hilarious. But tempered with something of a call to arms. Best article in Dirt for ages.
radical_edward
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Ocky on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:33pm

I don't watch drop in anymore, partly because I can't be arsed watching some clown cry about everything and everyone (well that's how it comes across on TV anyway).

:(
Ocky
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby oldfart on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:42pm

He's not a pussy....he can certainly ride a bike from what I've seen. Judging from his comments regarding food ,the heavily lidded eyes and general lax attitude I'd have a punt and say he is a stoner from way back...... :paranoid: :paranoid: :paranoid: .

Prima donna syndrome also springs to mind when he is moaning and bitching . I sooo wanna cut his ponytail off ! Good rider though :thumbsup:
oldfart

Postby james on Fri 7/Apr/06 12:56pm

Ocky wrote: I don't watch drop in anymore.

It's okay, we know its past your bedtime :p
james

Postby pissface on Fri 7/Apr/06 1:00pm

i think he shows us as a bunch of whingers anyway.

look around, its not far off.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Mel on Fri 7/Apr/06 1:01pm

Well, it's past my bed time when Drop In is on the telly, so I've been videoing it and watching it the next morning whilst I eat my breakfast. :thumbsup: :p
Mel
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby pb on Fri 7/Apr/06 1:12pm

mundi wrote:But Mr Greenwood, its almost a joke now, especially his hissy fit last night about the 4wd goin down the hill.

His hissy fit about his bike getting thrashed gained him more respect from me. Good to see he actually cares about his bike, even when it probably didnt cost him anything.
pb
"Mmmm, Beer."
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts