Who Biked In To Work This Morning?

Postby mfw on Wed 11/Jun/14 9:25am

How did you guys fare in the north island?

I biked in, just for shits and giggles. Weren't too bad here in Nelson apart from a few gusts.
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Who Biked In To Work This Morning?

Postby Trail on Wed 11/Jun/14 9:31am

Was quite calm here in Chch when I biked to work. Last couple of days have been pretty wet and breezy on the bike tho.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby jo on Wed 11/Jun/14 10:12am

All quiet in Wellington. Teh harbour yesterday was kinda oily looking which we reckoned was the fresh water displacing the salt. Abit of southeast today.
My flatmate told me that it had been windy in akl overnight which prompted me to make rude comments about aucklands propensity to lose roofs and trees at the mere mention of a gale. But 170kph I think would cause damage most places. Abit misleading in the reporting - gusting 170kph at Tiri Tiri is not the same as gusting 170kph in akl. The takahe's probably dont mind too much....
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 11/Jun/14 10:14am

I rode, was fun.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby thorg on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:26am

If I rode from the bedroom to the kitchen my wife would kill me. If she found out.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Tinkerbell on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:27am

I find it difficult to fit 9 dogs on my bike. 2 small is about the max so no riding for me
Tinkerbell
"I am smiling"
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby jo on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:29am

thorg wrote:If I rode from the bedroom to the kitchen my wife would kill me. If she found out.

The skidmarks on the stairs would probably give it away.... :paranoid:
jo
"Windy"

Postby danose on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:31am

Tinkerbell wrote:I find it difficult to fit 9 dogs on my bike. 2 small is about the max so no riding for me

you just need a suitable bike :D

danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby slumdog on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:37am

jo wrote:My flatmate told me that it had been windy in akl overnight which prompted me to make rude comments about aucklands propensity to lose roofs and trees at the mere mention of a gale.

Yep, the rest of the country is allowed to gnash teeth if suffering, but we must all make fun of those Aucklanders eh wot..

It had rained all yesterday, but wind didn't kick in until maybe 10 or 11pm?

We had a powerbox blow somewhere in our neighbourhood about 3am and woke the house. They make a flipping epic noise, lightsabers on steriods,and a massive flash like lightning.

The wind passed by about 5:30am in West Dorkland. I rode in about 7. There was shit everywhere, I moved a couple trees on the cycleway so we are not all self interested whinging farknuckles. Some guys attacking a tree that was laying across kingsland section with a chainsaw.

The sunrise was lovely, and a few swells rolling into the Whau river for novelty, very few riders out there, I saw more yesterday morning in the pelting rain...

And that was my picture...
slumdog
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby dyl on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:41am

I rode in...and instead of double rainbows, I got double punctures

was a bit gay :-)
dyl
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:44am

I'm failing to see the correlation between multiple puncturing and homosexuality?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby jo on Wed 11/Jun/14 11:52am

slumdog wrote:
jo wrote:My flatmate told me that it had been windy in akl overnight which prompted me to make rude comments about aucklands propensity to lose roofs and trees at the mere mention of a gale.

Yep, the rest of the country is allowed to gnash teeth if suffering, but we must all make fun of those Aucklanders eh wot..

Not aucklanders per se. Auckland doesnt get the winds that wellington does regularly so things arent as.. weathered I guess. Trees blow down that would never have survived to that height here. Things are better attached because they have to be.

I think you'll find I dont whinge much til it starts gusting 130 round these parts, and I get slightly annoyed by the helpful wellmeaning souls at work who suggest it might not be safe to ride home. :rolleyes:
Doesnt even start to get exciting til gusting 150kph IMHO.
jo
"Windy"

Postby R+P+K on Wed 11/Jun/14 12:05pm

I did, fo sho'.

There was a slight southerly headwind in Wellington and the rain was "spitting" at best.
R+P+K
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Kev on Wed 11/Jun/14 12:08pm

I rode.
It was about 15degrees and calm. Cool enough for the arm warmers but too warm for the wind breaker.
I haven't seen rain in months :p
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby lubie on Wed 11/Jun/14 12:21pm

shmoodiver wrote:I'm failing to see the correlation between multiple puncturing and homosexuality?

:blink: back away now, while you still can
lubie
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Cycle Commuting | Cycling - Latest Posts