Re: Whitford Building Thread

Postby Markejt on Fri 7/May/10 9:13am

Hi Folks, Marke here from the Aucland MTB Club.

We're holding round 3 of our race series there this year (assuming all necesary permissions are granted) and I'd love to have the race starting up at Waikopua but ideally we'd need a bigger field area for event village, car parking and the short course champs we are looking at running.

Does anybody know the local farmers that we could ask/bribe into allowing permisison to use the adjacent paddock for that day?

If you do, reply to this or drop me an email at marke@aucklandmtb.co.nz

Tany thanks,
Marke
Markejt
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby theturquoisewarrior on Sat 8/May/10 5:42pm

The guy that lives next to the forest there where cars get parked is called Steve. He built The Charging Pig and also the small track that starts by the gate at the car park area there.
Dunno who owns the paddock area to the right of Waikopua Rd though.
theturquoisewarrior
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby radar13 on Tue 2/Nov/10 7:50pm

Looking for help to find a new trail that supposedly starts on the opposite side of the road from the end of Charging Pig and then climbs UP towards the Kauri grove heading towards Get a Perm. We would be keen to give it a go but can't seem to find the beginning. Has anyone got an update and detailed instructions of how to get to it form the bottom of Charging Pig please????

Also how's Whitford riding at the moment??? Thanks.
Last edited by radar13 on Tue 2/Nov/10 7:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
radar13
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby surfbum on Tue 2/Nov/10 7:58pm

yep there is one there but not sure if it's finished yet.turn left at end of charging pig and head up the hill.It's befor you come to the park bit.You might have to look quite hard for it tho but you can see where it is.Whitford is riding pretty well at the mo.A few bogs at the mo but not to bad.The shutes are all rideable
surfbum
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Postby theturquoisewarrior on Tue 2/Nov/10 9:16pm

You should find it if you look on the LEFT side heading up the hill. The original start of it is just before the really steep bit, immediately to the left of the side road there. The new start is further back but not so obvious. Only just do-able on my SS from the 2nd start point. Makes going up the steep section of the road almost seem easy. Enjoy!
theturquoisewarrior
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby radar13 on Thu 4/Nov/10 7:34am

Thanks guys. Will try and hunt it down over the weekend.
radar13
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Rider-man-Cam on Thu 20/Jan/11 7:41pm

Since this is a whitford building thread and Im not starting a new thread....
I have mounds of clay in the paddock which used to be the starters of dirtjumps. Seeing as they are now just piles and outlines of berms Im thinking I may just make a pump track. So advice build jumps or make a big pump track? sorry for taking over the thread :blush: Oh and hows the trails see theres a fair few people riding out there when I drive past?
photo[1].JPG
Rider-man-Cam
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby kona.stinky. on Thu 20/Jan/11 8:00pm

Why not a pump track with jumps in it?
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Rider-man-Cam on Thu 20/Jan/11 9:04pm

Im thinking that, like small pumper doubles and dig out the centres of some of the mounds to make rollers? Im thinking pump track just because of the size of the area and look whats already there...
Rider-man-Cam
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby mbl77 on Mon 12/Jan/15 11:41am

Rider-man-Cam wrote:Since this is a whitford building thread and Im not starting a new thread....
I have mounds of clay in the paddock which used to be the starters of dirtjumps. Seeing as they are now just piles and outlines of berms Im thinking I may just make a pump track.

Where is that? Jumpy-pumpy-track sounds nice.
mbl77
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Auckland Region | Cycling | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts