Re: Te Tāwhio O Whanganui

Postby Eljefe on Fri 1/Feb/13 6:41pm

mfw wrote:
sifter wrote:I'd use a freeload if there's a bit of technical MTBing - getting of the back of the seat doesn't happen with the seat bags. Otherwise, it's a lot of extra weight, and there's always the risk of operator error when installing... :blush:

Sorry, off topic, but which would be the pick for KB then?, given that the Wharfdale might be a bike carry anyway for the slower/unskilled riders, which doesn't leave much tech riding in the 1200km.

Ive done the KB Wharfdale in both directions, on a freeloaded fully, and I found the original (next) direction superior, and I am not a flash technical rider. I am not sure if others who have done both directions would agree?
Eljefe
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Fri 1/Feb/13 8:33pm

I'd happily use a Revelate bag on the Kiwi Brevet. I was thinking more along the lines of Wakamarina or Nydia Bay when I made the comment about using a freeload then (not sure about the Heaphy). Simon's comment about being able to take more gear with the Freeload is spot on.
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby sifter on Wed 6/Feb/13 7:33pm

22 starters (and a puppy). All seemed to have a great time. 2 days trying not to melt, another 2 trying not to dissolve. There are some cool albums appearing on the facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Te-T%C4% ... 2549988909
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycle Touring | Cycling | Events | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts