Re: Which Road Rule Do You Dislike The Most?

Postby iodi on Fri 15/May/09 10:11am

j2hyde wrote:Having been to a few places in asia where rules didn't appear to exist I cant say that I'm a big fan of the no rules concept.

Yes, I once saw a road sign in Manila that said "Road rules strictly enforced on this road". The implication - and the reality - being that road rules were not enforced on other roads. Or on that road either, apparently, judging from the 10 lanes of chaos around me. NZ drivers are bad, but we're far from the worst.
iodi
"I like dolphins"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby RJM on Mon 18/May/09 8:13am

Oli wrote:That whole riding through red lights makes motorists hate us thing is rubbish, IMHO. The ones who already hate us get small satisfaction from being proved right, and everyone else either couldn't give a shit or is, at most, mildly irritated.

I hate the NZ give way rule too - it works so much better everywhere else.

I think you might be right here - it may also be the other way around - take Molesworth St for example - if I go through the first set of lights first at least motorists stopped at the red light can see me.
RJM
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby ThingOne on Mon 18/May/09 9:16am

iodi wrote:
j2hyde wrote:Having been to a few places in asia where rules didn't appear to exist I cant say that I'm a big fan of the no rules concept.

Yes, I once saw a road sign in Manila that said "Road rules strictly enforced on this road". The implication - and the reality - being that road rules were not enforced on other roads. Or on that road either, apparently, judging from the 10 lanes of chaos around me. NZ drivers are bad, but we're far from the worst.

Try walking across a pedistrain crossing in Rome, or Beijing. LOL..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Cars | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Motorcycles | Motoring | Road Cycling | Sifting - Latest Posts