Where To Ride In Nelson

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 26/Oct/09 9:34pm

so briiiii and i are off to nelson in a couple of weeks for a bit of a pedal and stuff over a long weekend.... where should we ride?
between us we have modest skills and modest fitness, will both be riding hardtails and are definitely into trail riding over freeride/dh etc but i love a bit of techy gnar.

any help would be grand or even someone to ride with... will be there between the 7th and the 9th

chur bolmaingbraebrahbosaurus
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: Where To Ride In Nelson

Postby Iseneye on Tue 27/Oct/09 10:36am

Have you guys done the Coppermine loop? Takes anything from 3 hours if you're quick to 5-6 hours if you're cruising. I might be available that weekend.
Iseneye
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby phantasim on Tue 27/Oct/09 2:12pm

The browning and peaking ridge are always worthwhile.. good honest beech forest single track.
Flick me a pm before you get down here and we should be able to arrange a day out.
phantasim
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.."
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Iseneye on Tue 27/Oct/09 4:25pm

Yep, Browning is good fun.
Iseneye
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 27/Oct/09 5:19pm

cheers peeps, will keep yous updated on our whereabouts n shiz
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Postby mitch7 on Tue 27/Oct/09 9:21pm

another vote for Peaking Ridge..but i hear there is a few new tracks up the Maitai... :thumbsup:
mitch7
"A beard is like having a machine gun on your face. Pure badass."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 28/Oct/09 9:54am

cheers stylie, would be good to meet the man who keeps old "pops" faithfull supplied with bling too
shmoodiver

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Nelson | Nelson MTB Club | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Riding | Upper South Island - Latest Posts