Where To Go Out East

Postby epicdave on Tue 26/Feb/08 10:19am

Being new to the 'big smoke', what are my riding options out East? I've been out to Woodhill (over an hour away) & can't seem to find my way into Whitford. Is there a site guide/map of all the options around Auckland??

Something where all the parks/tracks were marked on a map would be awesome. If anyone knows the address or directions to these places send them through. If there is enough I'll set up a link to google earth or a big map of Auck's so everyone can weigh up their options.

Thanks

Dave
epicdave
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby AarowNZ on Tue 26/Feb/08 12:28pm

The entrance of Whitford forest is on Whitford-Maraetai road about 5 mins from the Whitford village on the way to Maraetai. You can parking next to the road near the Fire Danger sign. Approx location on map.

Also, there has been some cars broken into in the past so make sure you don't leave any valuables in your car.
map.JPG
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

RE: Where To Go Out East

Postby t8500 on Tue 26/Feb/08 12:53pm

epicdave wrote: Being new to the 'big smoke', what are my riding options out East? I've been out to Woodhill (over an hour away) & can't seem to find my way into Whitford. Is there a site guide/map of all the options around Auckland??

Something where all the parks/tracks were marked on a map would be awesome. If anyone knows the address or directions to these places send them through. If there is enough I'll set up a link to google earth or a big map of Auck's so everyone can weigh up their options.

Thanks

Dave

Have a look in the Whitford threads and maybe pm one of the track builders, so you can hook up with one of them to show to around, there is a map of all the Whitford Tracks in one of those Threads, which you can download and print out to take with you, you are meant to get a permit to ride there ($50 a year) but check with the locals, and there is Hunua which has got some nice xc tracks and a small down hill plus two expert downhill tracks that your not meant to ride, don't quote me on that :)
t8500
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Auckland Region | Cycling | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island - Latest Posts