Postby VERT on Wed 22/Oct/08 1:25pm

didnt run today but yesterday I ran up Tinakori at lunch then after work rode my SS up and down Mt Vic multiple times
VERT
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Malcy on Wed 22/Oct/08 2:12pm

I'd like not to talk about Monday nights run.

BUT am looking very much forward to Fridays run on Mt Vic.

Nice.
Malcy

Postby Malcy on Fri 14/Nov/08 11:02pm

20km, 1hr 52m.

Not bad. Was intended to be cruisy, but even then, 2 hours running is a bloody long time!
Malcy

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 2/Dec/08 9:01pm

so close yet so far!!!

my long term goal at the local pub 5k is yo break into the 18's.

tonights run, I clocked myself at 19:00:22

next time...... :)
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Malcy on Tue 2/Dec/08 9:03pm

Next time.

Shit man, crapping myself. 10 days or so to go now!!!

Yikes!
Malcy

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 2/Dec/08 9:04pm

nah, relax time from here on in man,
my old coach used to say 'the hay's in the barn"
slidecontrol

Postby Malcy on Tue 2/Dec/08 10:27pm

but but but. but.

but.

oh, ok! lol
Malcy

Postby Jono on Tue 2/Dec/08 11:10pm

All over martin luckie park. Well, a small section of it. We (Zesty and the Space Creature of Doom (our ultimate team) played Dirty Creature. And beat them 12-2. Which means that we're still top of the social league, and play 4th place (currently Dirty Creature again) for a place in the finals next week.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby CookedCray on Tue 6/Jan/09 5:07pm

First run since Xmas morning today so plenty of hurt going from town up to Tinakori hill.
Swam 20 lengths to cool down so I guess that's my first training for the alp d'huez (sp?) half iromman in July - That's the plan anyway :cool:

Saw a dude doing singlespeed repeats of Weld street by the looks. Awesome effort as he looked as though he was doing it pretty easy.
CookedCray
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby slidecontrol on Tue 6/Jan/09 5:10pm

went out last night for 15km, started easy and tried fora gradual lift in pace, 1hr 10m was the result, stiff quads today though.....
slidecontrol

Re: Where Did You Run Today?

Postby sidlomavpa on Sun 11/Jan/09 3:41pm

Ran to Tongue point from the quarry carpark (22 km) yesterday in 2:15. But judging from the way my shins feel now :0 I think I need to do more base work.. I was gonna have a bash at the Tararuas race in March but think i'd better do a few less arduous ones this year if I want to survive training as I haven't run intensively for a few years.
sidlomavpa
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Mon 6/Aug/12 6:15pm

*dredge*

Seeing as I haven't had an MTB for a few months now, I've been getting my singletrack action on foot. In the past week or so I've had a couple of really nice jaunts out in the ol' shoes...

Last Thursday I hit a 1-hour loop from WTP, along to Mt Lowry and Down Rata Ridge, returning via the mean streets of bro town.

Today I had a mint run - I started at the same place, and headed up along Rata Ridge to Mt Lowry, but this time dropped down to Eastbourne via the Ferry Road and Kaitawa Road tracks - I've never negotiated anything as steep or techy as the Kaitawa Rd track, it was awesome! From Lowry Bay, I headed around to Pt Cheviot, and back up the hill to Rata Ridge again, before dropping back down to where I'd started 80 minutes earlier. :love:
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby Zoom on Mon 6/Aug/12 6:26pm

Kaitawa is better in the up direction, try Rata ridge, Mt Lowry trig, then head along the ridge towards top of Wainui Hill rd, then down Cheviot, then south towards York Bay and either up Kaitawa or into Days Bay where you have a choice of Ferry Rd, Koromako Rd, or Kereru track (furtherest) to get back to the ridge.

That's my back yard too, see you out there :)
Zoom

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Mon 6/Aug/12 8:49pm

Zoom wrote:Kaitawa is better in the up direction, try Rata ridge, Mt Lowry trig, then head along the ridge towards top of Wainui Hill rd, then down Cheviot, then south towards York Bay and either up Kaitawa or into Days Bay where you have a choice of Ferry Rd, Koromako Rd, or Kereru track (furtherest) to get back to the ridge.

That's my back yard too, see you out there :)

Sounds like a fun route - will give that a bash when my quads have recovered. I've been up Ferry Road before - as part of the Crazyman recce I did a couple of years back. I remember it being steep, but much more straight forward than Kaitawa Rd. I'm scheming to link up Butterfly Creek with WTP via a bunch of the tracks in the area though - might need a few more weeks practice before I go trying that!
Dr. Fuentes

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sun 12/Aug/12 7:01pm

My ride plans for yesterday were torpedoed, but I got out for a lovely run instead today - 5 hours for 25km! From the Orongorongo Catchment carpark, along 5 Mile track, then up to Mount Matthews. Lovely views from the summit at ~940m elv - we got to see what cloud looks like from close up. The slide back down the hill was awesome, with oodles of sliding and slipping on the wet roots, combined with the uber steep gradient! :cool:

A+++, will definitely trade again. (Maybe when the skies are clear?!)
Dr. Fuentes

Running | Sifting - Latest Posts