Re: Where Did You Run Today?

Postby Ohskidths on Sun 12/Aug/12 9:56pm

Pissing rain and howling winds today meant bikes were off the cards and paddling my surf ski was also ruled out so I went running instead. Managed 21 km in just under an hour and a half nearly all of which was off road, somewhat flatter than my usual runs being trapped over in WA at the moment but enjoyable run none the less. The pissing rain reminded me of being at home on the coromandel for winter :love: , although not as muddy!
Ohskidths
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Tue 14/Aug/12 9:37pm

I got out for a nice trot around Bro town this arvo - up the Konini fire break, Towai Traverse, then Spoonhill, and a lap of the wetlands before heading home - lovely! :)

Dr. Fuentes wrote:My ride plans for yesterday were torpedoed, but I got out for a lovely run instead today - 5 hours for 25km! From the Orongorongo Catchment carpark, along 5 Mile track, then up to Mount Matthews. Lovely views from the summit at ~940m elv - we got to see what cloud looks like from close up. The slide back down the hill was awesome, with oodles of sliding and slipping on the wet roots, combined with the uber steep gradient! :cool:

A+++, will definitely trade again. (Maybe when the skies are clear?!)

Now with pictures, courtesy of Mr. Jaghorn =}
IMG_0687.jpeg
The trees had strange growth on them from ~800m a.s.l
IMG_0703.jpeg
Looking north from South Saddle
IMG_0697.jpeg
Moss carpets - perfect place for a sit down.
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 5 months

Postby nostromo on Wed 15/Aug/12 9:55am

Mt Matthews is the awesome, years since I've been up there.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby OliverBendix on Wed 15/Aug/12 4:46pm

Dr. Fuentes wrote:I got out for a nice trot around Bro town this arvo - up the Konini fire break, Towai Traverse, then Spoonhill, and a lap of the wetlands before heading home - lovely! :)

Towai is a great run, probably a better run than a ride at the moment - it's really wet in the middle section! I ran Towai Traverse and Labyrinth today, having not run much for the last few years I'm running a little bit again to keep the mud out of my drivetrain, and loving it.
OliverBendix
"Punter"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Wed 15/Aug/12 6:00pm

Yeah, you can really tell where the gravel stops!

I think I'll stick to East Harbour (Lowry etc) for the running instead of WTP - some MTBers are rather unfriendly when they see a runner on "their" trails, so I figure I'll leave them to it :sleeping:
Dr. Fuentes

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Sat 18/Aug/12 6:59pm

I spent the morning heading around the Mukamuka Munter course - lovely day for it! It was still cloudy at ~500m, so didn't get any decent views. While the course didn't quite live up to its name, I'm certainly less sprightly now than I was this morning.

What a cool part of the world :cool:
Dr. Fuentes

Running | Sifting - Latest Posts