Re: Where Did You Ride Today?

Postby adikt on Wed 11th Jan 9:21pm

First ride offroad in about 9months due to injury. 17km at Woodhill. Hardly even cramped up, and didn't pussy out on the hills!
Shoulder didn't fold up under my either. Pretty stoked actually.
adikt
Member for: 2 years 9 months

Postby Conners on Wed 11th Jan 10:55pm

Finally made it out to Whites Bay and Mt Robertson today. Holy shit - some of the best beech forest single track I've ridden.
Was out early as the forecast was for 31 degrees in Blenheim today. Didn't originally plan to ride Mt Robertson but made better time than I expected to the high point of the main loop so thought it would be rude not to. Glad I did, it wasn't as much of an additional grunt as I was expecting, and the descent back down was epic.

Rocks, roots, leaf litter - seriously great track.
Can't believe I grew up in Blenheim and have never been up there til today...

Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby dwgknz on Sun 22nd Jan 8:13pm

Stormy ride up Whareroa and to the top of Dopers this afternoon. Needed out of the house after a 5 days solo with kids and had the babysitter booked so weather wasn't going to stop me. Thought I'd get lucky with the weather but I couldn't have been more wrong. Strong winds and horizontal rain on the way made an exciting ride home including having to pedal to get down Campbell Mill Road and drag a tree off Red Tape!

IMG_5513.JPG

Finally the dropper post worked through a full wet ride thanks to some Slickoleum from Shockcraft and finally tried Fenwicks Stealth and worked well (although it's PITA to apply).
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby mudguard on Mon 30th Jan 7:45pm

FIrst ride at Four Forty in about 3 years, maybe when it opened? Either way it was a great way to dial in some settings. I love to mess up my suspension by changing something every 20 minutes. So it's nice to just change one thing, pin it, then change another on the next run.
Really dry, and not crowded at all first thing. Got warm so I was done by midday.
Mental note, make sure stem bolts are properly done up...

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/Rrzv5C]

Rode a short trail called Pear Shaped. It was really good fun. Steep and technical, and pretty much at my limit. There's no way I could ride it in the wet. Apologies for the heavy breathing and profanity.
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Rik on Tue 7th Feb 3:04pm

Just got back from the West Coast, riding the Wilderness trail.

Rained all morning :( but cleared up for late afternoon pizza on the beach :D
Time
9:07:16
Distance
98.86 km
Average
10.84 kph
Climb
698.00 m
DSC_0444.JPG
DSC_0445.JPG
long way down
DSC_0452.JPG
I can't believe I survived this moment, with all the signed dangers
DSC_0457.JPG
Cowboy paradise main street
DSC_0459.JPG
Brightening up
DSC_0475.JPG
Aokitika
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 8th Feb 8:58pm

Great photos Rik. Big day in a wet saddle.
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Kev on Thu 9th Feb 1:44pm

I had my doubts when you posted the photo of the old GT frame and said you were going to build a gravel bike but I have to admit, it looks pretty good. How does it ride?
Kev
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Fri 10th Feb 10:19am

Sunday, return leg.

And in remarkably different conditions. Sunshine all day and 30+ degrees. Thank you very much.