Re: Where Did You Dig Today?

Postby gristle on Mon 12/Mar/12 8:33pm

Long walk - you must have posted in the wrong thread as well. I think you must have mistaken this for the "i dug for ages today while you were all stuck inside and am now boasting about it" thread.

What berm was that, by the way? The rut on the lower section?
gristle
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby onyabike on Thu 12/Apr/12 12:40pm

just needs bit of wire for the all weather skill seekers
Fireball ramp.jpg
onyabike
"logging capital of nz"
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby The Shark on Sun 15/Apr/12 4:13pm

Hey thanks to whoever was up at mystic portal this week cleaning up the track, it's looking really good.

I'm looking for some armour rocks for parts of the track. Any ideas where to get it from?

Cheers
The Shark
Member for: 5 years 7 months

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 15/Apr/12 5:39pm

The Shark wrote:Hey thanks to whoever was up at mystic portal this week cleaning up the track, it's looking really good.

I'm looking for some armour rocks for parts of the track. Any ideas where to get it from?

Cheers

Scotlands got a lot. So does this place. Every time I look at this photo I get envious. Not fair.
rock_or_wood.jpg
thelongwalk
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Sun 15/Apr/12 6:37pm

Bugger all rocks up the portal I'm afraid Shark, the only rock I've found would need to be smashed out with a hammer! We just look for the nice clay under the top soil it got a few smaller rocks in it and holds up really well.
cmdr_keen
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby thelongwalk on Tue 8/May/12 5:54pm

The BNZ had their closed for good day today and just like last year where they helped out on Transient, a good sized group turned up and helped us dig our current track, Windmill, above Brooklyn and by Hawkins hill.

It was an awesome effort with over 200 metres of track built in good humour and great autumn conditions. Their effort really helped us bring this project along and it should be a great track once finished. Thanks also for WCC for supplying a ranger and to Andrew, Chris and Craig who worked for hours as usual. Tip top.
DSC06914.JPG
The team at the start of the day
DSC06916.JPG
DSC06917.JPG
thelongwalk

Postby sifter on Tue 8/May/12 6:10pm

You guys rock!
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Dr. Fuentes on Mon 20/Aug/12 10:03am

I dropped into WTP yesterday for some digging at Freewheel - what a cool trail! It'll be an epic downhill once it's done :thumbsup:
Dr. Fuentes
Member for: 6 years 3 months

Postby Colin on Sun 28/Apr/13 6:57pm

Freewheel

Now able to be ridden from the top down to the first pylon
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Sun 28/Apr/13 8:35pm

Time to bring this post back to life then. Digging up Mystic Portal today, got the new line the bottom pretty much cleared. Cleared out the space for a 5m double/hip to be built next weekend.
cmdr_keen

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 5/May/13 7:07pm

Great turn out and a good day on Serendipity in Polhill. Worked on the big berm at the bottom plus put the retaining from WCC to good use.
IMG_7384.jpg
thelongwalk

Postby cmdr_keen on Sun 5/May/13 7:45pm

Measured up all the features on Mystic Portal to be rebuilt with treated timber. Will be proposing the budget to the WMTBC committee this week so look forward to regular digs up there in the hear future!
cmdr_keen

Postby NigeS on Sun 5/May/13 9:14pm

Nice work Eugene!
NigeS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 12/May/13 8:03pm

We managed to finish off the big berm before the stream today- so big we dubbed it Ben-Hur. Christy has the first run on it. The wooden piece in the foreground is a work in progress- hopefully it will help launch up the wall.
Same times this week wed 1230-2 and sun 1-4. cheers
IMG_7447.JPG
thelongwalk

Postby thelongwalk on Sun 19/May/13 7:22pm

Digging on Serendipity continues in Polhill.
Five of us on wednesday sledded a old bridge down the hill and started to rebuild it.
We don't like straight narrow bridges so put curves at both ends plus wider uneven wood. Thx to Owen, Martin, Craig and one other. Today the bridge was finished, first hour or so by myself until Al turned up to finish the kicker and Cristy also.

We've got a nice drop to build 2 seperate lines over to work on and then we're out into the bottom of the weed infested valley. Usual dig times continue wed 1230-2 and sun 1-4.
All help appreciated.
Tip top.
2_IMG_20130515_131635_0.jpg
IMG_7463.jpg
IMG_7469.jpg
thelongwalk

Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Trail Building - Latest Posts