Re: When? Maxxis Dhf In 2.5 3c Exo In Medium

Postby Trail on Mon 27/Jul/15 8:42pm

wachtourak wrote:I just thought it might be what you were looking for, it is a pretty agressive moto-looking tread.

You are probably right... I like the look of the tread. Is interesting looking at the Schwalbe ratings. Similar weight and width with the MM and HD - and both are rated the same for rolling speed, wear etc but the MM wins on the grip rating...
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby beater32 on Mon 27/Jul/15 9:04pm

Has anyone tried a Wtb vigilante out of curiosity ?
beater32
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 27/Jul/15 9:07pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
Trail wrote:This means the knobs tend to hold up and not rip off...

Do the new ones do this?

The wear on the side knobs were a worry.
60a for me.

my 3c trail HR2 got squirmy after about 3 rides. Then the side knobs got all undercut like this soon after and it was like riding on frozen peas. Took it off at this point cos it just sucked. The 60a has more grip in the dry because it doesn't roll sideways over its own side knobs.

If the minion 3c is the same rubber then i doubt it's any better.

My mate's trailstar magic mary was noticeably less stable after the second ride (on the front) due to the side knobs ripping off also. I got about 6 weeks out of some trailstar HDs but they were feeling pretty bad towards the end.
tire.jpg
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby phunk on Mon 27/Jul/15 9:58pm

The 27.5 magic mary has about the same tread grip width of a 26 2.4 rubber queen, but a bit less carcass volume.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Trail on Tue 28/Jul/15 9:46am

AgrAde wrote:
Astoria Paranoia wrote:
Trail wrote:This means the knobs tend to hold up and not rip off...

Do the new ones do this?

The wear on the side knobs were a worry.
60a for me.

my 3c trail HR2 got squirmy after about 3 rides. Then the side knobs got all undercut like this soon after and it was like riding on frozen peas. Took it off at this point cos it just sucked. The 60a has more grip in the dry because it doesn't roll sideways over its own side knobs.

If the minion 3c is the same rubber then i doubt it's any better.

My mate's trailstar magic mary was noticeably less stable after the second ride (on the front) due to the side knobs ripping off also. I got about 6 weeks out of some trailstar HDs but they were feeling pretty bad towards the end.

What are you riding? Shuttle runs on a DH bike somewhere hardpack/rocky as?? I have had tyres do that sort of thing down in Alexandra - the schist down there wears tyres real quick!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Tue 28/Jul/15 12:05pm

Nah it was on my trailbike. That tire saw a lot of roots, gravelly/loamy beech forest, dustbowl pine forest. I wasn't smashing berms with it that much, but it did see a fair bit of unsustainably built off-camber trail?
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Cycling | Tyres | Wheels - Latest Posts