Whats The Deal On Enduros?

Postby nolzey on Thu 28th Sep 1:48pm

In terms of gnarly riding, whats the max that these enduro bikes can handle? eg could it handle dream line in Queenstown?
nolzey
Member for: 1 year 4 months

Re: Whats The Deal On Enduros?

Postby Scaredy_Cat on Thu 28th Sep 3:10pm

I think there was an older thread that covered that exact topic... what was it called again? :lol:
Scaredy_Cat
""RIDER!!!" :-D"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Fri 29th Sep 10:23am

I thought enduro bikes where made to take downhill punishment. I guess it depends a lot on the type of rider you are, if you're the kind of rider who breaks bikes then maybe not.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 29th Sep 2:18pm

Rik wrote:I thought enduro bikes where made to take downhill punishment. I guess it depends a lot on the type of rider you are, if you're the kind of rider who breaks bikes then maybe not.

This.
I have friends who are much harder on gear than me. Similar dimensions and weight, but smash and wreck their toys way more than I do.

Dream being a jump line, it would depend on the smoothness of your landing technique.
Also obviously, an #endubro bike will wear out faster than a DH / park bike under heavy use.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby AgrAde on Fri 29th Sep 2:32pm

You could ride dream track on an XC bike if you knew the jumps well enough and never made a mistake. Not even a DH bike could save you from a bad mistake on that track.

Some "enduro" bikes are built tough. Many aren't. If you're wanting a trail bike that's also a tough park bike I'd be looking at the new Nomad. I know quite a few fast riders that broke everything they touched until they bought a SC, and now problems are scarce.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

#Enduro | Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts