What do you think Bill's Budget will do?

Poll ended at Thu 28/May/09 8:26am

It will come down hard on beneficiaries
9
38%
It will come down hard on the tertiary sector
8
33%
It will majorly restructure health services
6
25%
It will significantly cull bits of the government sector
10
42%
It will "postpone" the promised tax cuts
17
71%
It will move towards privatising government agencies
11
46%
It will severely cut contributions to the Cullen Fund
12
50%
It will involve a lot of smoke and mirrors and achieve very little
11
46%
It will legalise marijuana - doubling the value of our agriculture exports overnight
2
8%
Nothing that will affect me so I don't care about it
0
No votes
I have no frigging idea - what Budget?
2
8%
 
Total voters : 24

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby phunk on Wed 27/May/09 9:48am

And where are my tax cuts you bastards.
phunk
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 27/May/09 9:52am

phunk wrote:I dont think the govt should do anything more than provide 'public goods' so I will complain about any spending/taxing that goes beyond that.

What about targetting funding for umm, special education needs? Or specialist medical equipment? Or specialist medical interventions? Are these "public goods"?
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 27/May/09 9:52am

phunk wrote:I dont think the govt should do anything more than provide 'public goods' so I will complain about any spending/taxing that goes beyond that.

What about targetting funding for umm, special education needs? Or specialist medical equipment? Or specialist medical interventions? Are these "public goods"?
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby thorg on Wed 27/May/09 9:58am

ThingOne wrote:Whether you like the budget always just comes down to do you like the current govt.

Labour Voter: Think Budgets shit
National Voter: Think Budgets great
x2
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Tama on Wed 27/May/09 10:02am

thorg wrote:
ThingOne wrote:Whether you like the budget always just comes down to do you like the current govt.

Labour Voter: Think Budgets shit
National Voter: Think Budgets great
x2

Remembering that quite a few "National Voters" where swayed with the offer of bribes tax cuts which they'll no longer be getting it may not be that simple.
Tama
User avatar
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby sifter on Wed 27/May/09 10:04am

phunk wrote:And where are my tax cuts you bastards.



:D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:
sifter
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Oli on Wed 27/May/09 10:05am

Tama wrote:
thorg wrote:
ThingOne wrote:Whether you like the budget always just comes down to do you like the current govt.

Labour Voter: Think Budgets shit
National Voter: Think Budgets great
x2

Remembering that quite a few "National Voters" where swayed with the offer of bribes tax cuts which they'll no longer be getting it may not be that simple.
The word is "fooled" or possibly "misled". ;)
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby thorg on Wed 27/May/09 10:10am

Oli wrote:
Tama wrote:
thorg wrote:
ThingOne wrote:Whether you like the budget always just comes down to do you like the current govt.

Labour Voter: Think Budgets shit
National Voter: Think Budgets great
x2

Remembering that quite a few "National Voters" where swayed with the offer of bribes tax cuts which they'll no longer be getting it may not be that simple.
The word is "fooled" or possibly "misled". ;)
still that simple. the fanbois of both side will never back down from even the obvious errors in judgement.

there are people in this very thread from both sides that typify that behaviour perfectly :lol:

(and they aren't hard to spot ;-) )
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby xcwander on Wed 27/May/09 10:14am

I reakon some time in the near future, this term maybe next if they stay in, they will rewrite the tax system. More GST, less personal Income tax and raising of stamp duty and capital gains tax from the current rate of 0%. But with the property market already a blood bath it can't be done this year. But we need to move investment out of houses and into funding our means of production. For the moment its limit the bleeding of the economy, spend money where its going to generate or keep businesses going that will help us going forward as well as continued levels of support for those at the bottom of the cliff. There's going to be a lot of do more with the same level of funding or less.

I suspect arts, heritage, language, some parts of education, feel good programs, Aid, Defence, Anti discrimination programs, etc, will all suffer this time around. DoC, maybe the science budget, and sports unfortunately might also be on the loosing side this time around. At the moment the Govt books need the dividend revenue from the SoE's like the power companies, so even though they have fleeced us over the last 7-8yrs, they will stay SoE's. A lot of that "Profit" went into the dividend that was passed to the Govt of the day to support super funds etc.

This is all just ramblings, probably inflammatory so some, but just and opinion
xcwander
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Oli on Wed 27/May/09 10:34am

thorg wrote:still that simple. the fanbois of both side will never back down from even the obvious errors in judgement.

there are people in this very thread from both sides that typify that behaviour perfectly :lol:

(and they aren't hard to spot ;-) )

But at least they're not fence-sitters who like to pretend they're above such mundanities. ;)
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 27/May/09 10:59am

Oli wrote:
thorg wrote:still that simple. the fanbois of both side will never back down from even the obvious errors in judgement.

there are people in this very thread from both sides that typify that behaviour perfectly :lol:

(and they aren't hard to spot ;-) )

But at least they're not fence-sitters who like to pretend they're above such mundanities. ;)


Told.
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Joel on Wed 27/May/09 10:59am

tax cuts would be nice, but i appreciate the fact that national government has been quite open about why they won't be happening. and the insulation subsidy rocks :cool:

yes i voted national, and still quite happy i did.
Joel
User avatar
"Style over speed"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Oli on Wed 27/May/09 11:08am

CRUSH HIM
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby thorg on Wed 27/May/09 11:17am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
Oli wrote:
thorg wrote:still that simple. the fanbois of both side will never back down from even the obvious errors in judgement.

there are people in this very thread from both sides that typify that behaviour perfectly :lol:

(and they aren't hard to spot ;-) )

But at least they're not fence-sitters who like to pretend they're above such mundanities. ;)


Told.
:lol: Abosolutly! Though I cant think of an issue where I have not made it clear on which side of the line I stand, I can only assume you are talking about someone else ;-)


;-p
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Re: What's Your Call On Bill's Budget?

Postby Oli on Wed 27/May/09 11:31am

I can't think of an issue where you have made it clear! :o
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Economy | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

58 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 54 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle