What sort of mythological/biblical evil creature is Christine Rankin?

Demon - general
15%
Demon - succubus
31%
Imp
10%
Goblin
13%
Zombie
13%
Gremlin
13%
Ogre
15%
Troll
26%
Vampire
21%
Werewolf
10%
Yeti
8%
Dragon
8%
Catholic Priest
33%
Other
21%

Total voters : 39

Oli
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby jnumbaz on Wed 20/May/09 6:35pm

Oli wrote::D You missed the point of that one...

I've missed your point olo :love:
jnumbaz
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby znomit on Wed 20/May/09 11:15pm

Seeing this a lot:
Christine is perfect to run that commission that should be shut down.

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
znomit wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Lets just see how she does at the role.

She will do fine. :thumbsup:

The question is how will the commission do?

:hmmm: Yeah, it has long been asked what is the point of it when the major parties cover that ground anyway.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby j2hyde on Thu 21/May/09 12:33am

She can't have been much of a manager to get such a poor public profile. Senior public servants are political animals and in politics perceptions are real.

Even if the devils advocate argument is correct and her decisions were "efficient" and "met targets" she was shit at expectation management and playing the PR game. Like it or not people in those kinds of positions need to be good at the PR game. Personally I don't care either way.

This new appointment is an enough rope scenario. The question is do national want to hang Christine or the commission or both?
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby thorg on Thu 21/May/09 7:59am

j2hyde wrote:She can't have been much of a manager to get such a poor public profile. Senior public servants are political animals and in politics perceptions are real.

Even if the devils advocate argument is correct and her decisions were "efficient" and "met targets" she was shit at expectation management and playing the PR game. Like it or not people in those kinds of positions need to be good at the PR game. Personally I don't care either way.

This new appointment is an enough rope scenario. The question is do national want to hang Christine or the commission or both?
So you are suggesting that CEO's of govt dept should have PR people looking after their personal image ? - wouldnt that be an example of wastage?

but yes, sums up rankin pretty well, she had an epic fail in the PR game. A very good and justified reason for a manger in govt employ to be dismissed.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby j2hyde on Thu 21/May/09 10:18am

They don't need PR people, but they do need to be very aware of the image they are projecting. All senior management are in politics - publicly listed companies are no different to government departments in this respect. The only place you might be able to avoid it is with private companies, but even then only in limited circumstances.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 2 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts