What sort of mythological/biblical evil creature is Christine Rankin?

Demon - general
6
15%
Demon - succubus
12
31%
Imp
4
10%
Goblin
5
13%
Zombie
5
13%
Gremlin
5
13%
Ogre
6
15%
Troll
10
26%
Vampire
8
21%
Werewolf
4
10%
Yeti
3
8%
Dragon
3
8%
Catholic Priest
13
33%
Other
8
21%
 
Total voters : 39

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby thorg on Wed 20/May/09 8:28am

Oli wrote:She doesn't upset my "moral compass" but her culture of waste when running WINZ is fact not conjecture.
name for me one govt dept that is not a 'culture of waste' when defined by politics and media? they trite old 'charter a plane' example trotted out by detractors was actually the ccheapest and most effective way to achieve the means that were asked. Basically, balme the govt for setting the targets and budget, not the CEO for acheiving them.

I'm no rankin fanboi - but I'll not crucify someone based on media and political beat ups.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby Oli on Wed 20/May/09 8:35am

Just because other departments are wasting taxpayers money is no reason to leave someone proven to have done so in a position to do so again. Anyway, what was proven she did was nothing to do with Govt targets and budgets.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby nostromo on Wed 20/May/09 8:52am

I don't think most Govt depts are too wasteful anymore. Not from what I've seen coming in contact with them. Sometimes they make wrong decisions that lead to waste but private enterprise like I work for can also do that with the best of them.

I say give the woman (or Banshee IMO) a chance she may be a more effective advocate for the commission than the usual Dr of something or another.
nostromo
User avatar
":-("
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby michael on Wed 20/May/09 9:21am

nostromo wrote:I don't think most Govt depts are too wasteful anymore. Not from what I've seen coming in contact with them. Sometimes they make wrong decisions that lead to waste but private enterprise like I work for can also do that with the best of them.


None of this carry on thank you very much, we won't have you speaking with objective measurements or anecdotal evidence on the topic of government spending, discussions of this type may only reference outdated and inaccurate stereotypes thank you very much.
michael
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby thorg on Wed 20/May/09 9:56am

Oli wrote:Just because other departments are wasting taxpayers money is no reason to leave someone proven to have done so in a position to do so again. Anyway, what was proven she did was nothing to do with Govt targets and budgets.
and what was she 'proven to do'? please explain to me, because all I hear is what politicians accused her of doing and the media portrated her as doing (that it was wasteful, no that it actually occured). If her job was to do X, and she did X within her given budget and in the most effective and effecient manner, please explain how this is 'wastage' and not good management? And I never suggested departments were wasting, I just said they are accused of.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby Oli on Wed 20/May/09 10:47am

Thorg, if you didn't bother to read the papers back then I can't be bothered finding you easy links. This may seem incredible to you, but sometimes the media actually report things that actually happened. Just because the tabloid sector of the media seized on her legs and earrings doesn't mean she wasn't in real trouble.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 20/May/09 11:17am

fight!
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby thorg on Wed 20/May/09 12:16pm

Oli wrote:Thorg, if you didn't bother to read the papers back then I can't be bothered finding you easy links. This may seem incredible to you, but sometimes the media actually report things that actually happened. Just because the tabloid sector of the media seized on her legs and earrings doesn't mean she wasn't in real trouble.
I am well familiar with the case, getting my information from more than just papers. That is why I know what she spent and what she spent it on and who authorised her to do such things. It is the media (and others) that chose to define that spending as 'wastage'.

I am not disputing anything rankin did, as you said, it is fact and has been recorded. Whether ir not it was 'wastage' (as you appear to assert) is merely what I am questioning. After seeing the targets and outcomes required, I see the monies spent as realistic (and in most cases a bargain). If the spending was indeed a 'wastage' as so many assert, then it was the goals and targets (which the gvt set, not rankin) which were in error.

or, to simplify.

I come to you and say "Oli, I want you to build me a 10 speed road bike, at less than 7kg - and i want quality"
So, being a skilled builder, you go out and source parts and provide me with a 10speed road bike, weighing 6.8kg, at a cost of $6,789.00

Now, the media hear about this and say "WASTAGE! Geoff is an incompetant rider and doesnt need such a machine! You should have buit him a $1500 bike that weighed 10kg! Oli is a BAD person for WASTING money!"

Quite rightly, you would tell the media to fuck the hell off, you were providing the person who held the money with what they asked for, and in fact you came in under weight and under budget.
thorg
User avatar
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 20/May/09 12:41pm

paragraph!
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby Mr_Bob on Wed 20/May/09 12:56pm

I'll give her the benifit of the doubt if any work, progress, or any good actually comes out of her being in the position.

what sort of evil mythological evil being is christine rankin


I'd say this is pretty dangerous :crazy:

Image
Mr_Bob
User avatar
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 20/May/09 5:45pm

:thumbsup: I'm with thorg. An objective answer to my Q (not the complete answer of course but no one has that).
Lets just see how she does at the role.
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby znomit on Wed 20/May/09 5:51pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Lets just see how she does at the role.


She will do fine. :thumbsup:

The question is how will the commission do?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 20/May/09 5:55pm

znomit wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Lets just see how she does at the role.


She will do fine. :thumbsup:

The question is how will the commission do?


:hmmm: Yeah, it has long been asked what is the point of it when the major parties cover that ground anyway.
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby Oli on Wed 20/May/09 5:57pm

:D You missed the point of that one...
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Sort(s) Of Mythological Evil Being Is Christine Rankin?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 20/May/09 6:02pm

Oli wrote::D You missed the point of that one...


:) Your point of the "missed" point is what?
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Wobbler and 51 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles