What Should I Buy ? Avanti Cadent Vs Argon 18 Krypton Vs

Postby thorpecameron on Tue 17/Mar/09 9:36pm

Weighing up between 3 bikes and after some opinions...

Avanti Cadent 2.0

Argon 18 Krypton

Avanti Quantum 2.0

Similar pricing so interested in the pro's and con's
thorpecameron
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Re: What Should I Buy ? Avanti Cadent Vs Argon 18 Krypton Vs

Postby musket on Tue 17/Mar/09 9:38pm

What do you want to do with it? And at what level?
musket
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 17/Mar/09 9:40pm

Argon Who??

Cadent Vs Quantum

what kind of riding are you doing?

what are your goals for the next 12, 18 and 24 months

I'd also look at Specialized Roubaix V/s Tarmac, spec not quite as nice for the $$, but they always ride well IMHO
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby specializedman on Tue 17/Mar/09 10:00pm

Specialized have a reputation for nice ride quality, Important if you are doing miles.

They are pricey compared to other brands though so you will get less bling for your $$$$
specializedman
"I am a very biking boy."
Member for: 6 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Wed 18/Mar/09 12:13am

Which one do you like the look of most? :cool:

Seriously, they're all great bikes so it's a matter of nuance as to which one you choose. My proposal is that you take each option for a test ride if you can, then decide which one you like the look of most. :thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby thorpecameron on Wed 18/Mar/09 7:50am

What do I want to do... mainly ride for fitness but also look at the odd race like the R4 or Rotorua Flyer etc. Fairly new to the game. As bikes aren't cheap I figure I'm best to get a pretty good bike in the first place so I'm not constantly upgrading gear or having to change bikes in the not so distant future. From my other sport I've found it's cheaper in the long run to get the good stuff at the start.
I like the specialized stuff too... but a fair bit more expensive. I have set myself a limit !

So far I've ridden the Krypton and the Cadent so far. The Cadent being alot harsher ride. I expect the Quantum to be harsher again... which I'd accept if it was noticably faster/more responsive. So currently I'm tending towards the Argon. I believe the carbon bars absorb alot !!!

Looks wise I like the Avanti's curved top tube and tube shapes (looks like alot of specialized influence) but quite like the Argon 18 brand in being a bit more unique. So I guess it comes down to which is the best bike...
thorpecameron
Member for: 5 years 9 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts