Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Tue 21/Apr/09 8:23pm

Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.
Hmm, how about Tropic Thunder? Everyone likes Ben Stiller right? He wrote, directed and stars in this http://www.tropicthunder.com/
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Fraser on Tue 21/Apr/09 11:40pm

I went and watched 'Gran Torino' which is a Clint Eastwood film. Good if you like Clint.

Made me a little homesick of NZ...I was thinking of a 'NZ on Air' version called "XA GT". If you squint a bit and imagine a bitter pakeha played by Sam Neil and base it in Papakura. Asians moving in next door and their gang linked relatives driving a white EJ Honda Civic 4 door sedan with a black bonnet, cut springs and loud exhaust (This you don't have to change from the original version). The area having trouble with gangs and the lack of intergration on both sides adding to the tension. It is all there.
It is more realistic than a Radio Hauraki version of Radio Caroline.
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 22/Apr/09 7:17am

happybaboon wrote:Yeah I cringe when I see/hear them. It's like... the worst comedy ever... I don't get it at all. HOW did they get a movie? Who are all these people who go to see it/buy their albums? What the fuck is going on?

:thumbsup: Went to the Topp twin movie (as some of you would expect).
I thought it was pretty good. They're not comedians - they're singers, who sometimes have funny songs - well that was what they said.
I've never much liked them either - the loud, proud lesbian look doesn't do it for me, but seeing the chronology of their lives gave me much respect for them and what the stood/stand for and it was a lot of fun too.

Must get to The Wrestler at some stage soon.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby MattV on Wed 22/Apr/09 6:49pm

LOL watched Hercules in New York last night : Starring "Arnold Strong" :lol: Circa 1969! It was sooo bad it was hilarious. Especially the scene where he fights the "bear" :lol:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby casss on Sat 13/Jun/09 1:11pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Yeah I cringe when I see/hear them. It's like... the worst comedy ever... I don't get it at all. HOW did they get a movie? Who are all these people who go to see it/buy their albums? What the fuck is going on?

I thought it was pretty good. They're not comedians - they're singers, who sometimes have funny songs - well that was what they said.
I've never much liked them either - the loud, proud lesbian look doesn't do it for me, but seeing the chronology of their lives gave me much respect for them and what the stood/stand for and it was a lot of fun too.

agree - lots of fun, and a great slice of 'nz' as yet unknown to an immigrant (albeit of 8 years). loved it :lol:
casss
""hey...wait for me...""
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 6:30pm

Went to see Angles and Demons. Good movie.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:21pm

Is that a movie about trigonometry?
Oli

Postby Wobbler on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:25pm

SOH CAH TOA
Wobbler

Postby happybaboon on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:30pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:

They're even worse singers than they are comedians :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:59pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.
Hmm, how about Tropic Thunder? Everyone likes Ben Stiller right? He wrote, directed and stars in this http://www.tropicthunder.com/

Tropic Thunder was awesome for Robert Downey jr, his lines were GOLD
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby ShortStuff on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:44pm

JohnnyC wrote:
BrokenKonaRider wrote:Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.

Tropic Thunder was awesome for Robert Downey jr, his lines were GOLD

I really didn't enjoy Tropic thunder at all
ShortStuff
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby MattV on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:52pm

It was a bit of a let down. It just wasn't funny. So imagine my suprise when itwas given to me as a b/day present by a friend. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:58pm

Oli wrote:Is that a movie about trigonometry?

Funny you should say that as it makes an appearance. Good movie, not quite as good as first one but still cool.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby Oli on Sat 13/Jun/09 9:25pm

A N G E L S not ANGLES. HTH :thumbsup:
Oli

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 9:26pm

Oli wrote:A N G E L S not ANGLES. HTH :thumbsup:

Yes i got that. To many happy pills today methinks.
Spokes

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts