Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Tue 21/Apr/09 8:23pm

Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.
Hmm, how about Tropic Thunder? Everyone likes Ben Stiller right? He wrote, directed and stars in this http://www.tropicthunder.com/
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Fraser on Tue 21/Apr/09 11:40pm

I went and watched 'Gran Torino' which is a Clint Eastwood film. Good if you like Clint.

Made me a little homesick of NZ...I was thinking of a 'NZ on Air' version called "XA GT". If you squint a bit and imagine a bitter pakeha played by Sam Neil and base it in Papakura. Asians moving in next door and their gang linked relatives driving a white EJ Honda Civic 4 door sedan with a black bonnet, cut springs and loud exhaust (This you don't have to change from the original version). The area having trouble with gangs and the lack of intergration on both sides adding to the tension. It is all there.
It is more realistic than a Radio Hauraki version of Radio Caroline.
Fraser
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 22/Apr/09 7:17am

happybaboon wrote:Yeah I cringe when I see/hear them. It's like... the worst comedy ever... I don't get it at all. HOW did they get a movie? Who are all these people who go to see it/buy their albums? What the fuck is going on?


:thumbsup: Went to the Topp twin movie (as some of you would expect).
I thought it was pretty good. They're not comedians - they're singers, who sometimes have funny songs - well that was what they said.
I've never much liked them either - the loud, proud lesbian look doesn't do it for me, but seeing the chronology of their lives gave me much respect for them and what the stood/stand for and it was a lot of fun too.

Must get to The Wrestler at some stage soon.
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby MattV on Wed 22/Apr/09 6:49pm

LOL watched Hercules in New York last night : Starring "Arnold Strong" :lol: Circa 1969! It was sooo bad it was hilarious. Especially the scene where he fights the "bear" :lol:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby casss on Sat 13/Jun/09 1:11pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Yeah I cringe when I see/hear them. It's like... the worst comedy ever... I don't get it at all. HOW did they get a movie? Who are all these people who go to see it/buy their albums? What the fuck is going on?


:thumbsup: Went to the Topp twin movie (as some of you would expect).
I thought it was pretty good. They're not comedians - they're singers, who sometimes have funny songs - well that was what they said.
I've never much liked them either - the loud, proud lesbian look doesn't do it for me, but seeing the chronology of their lives gave me much respect for them and what the stood/stand for and it was a lot of fun too.

Must get to The Wrestler at some stage soon.


agree - lots of fun, and a great slice of 'nz' as yet unknown to an immigrant (albeit of 8 years). loved it :lol:
casss
User avatar
""hey...wait for me...""
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 6:30pm

Went to see Angles and Demons. Good movie.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Oli on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:21pm

Is that a movie about trigonometry?
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Wobbler on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:25pm

SOH CAH TOA
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby happybaboon on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:30pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
happybaboon wrote:Yeah I cringe when I see/hear them. It's like... the worst comedy ever... I don't get it at all. HOW did they get a movie? Who are all these people who go to see it/buy their albums? What the fuck is going on?


:thumbsup: Went to the Topp twin movie (as some of you would expect).
I thought it was pretty good. They're not comedians - they're singers, who sometimes have funny songs - well that was what they said.
I've never much liked them either - the loud, proud lesbian look doesn't do it for me, but seeing the chronology of their lives gave me much respect for them and what the stood/stand for and it was a lot of fun too.

Must get to The Wrestler at some stage soon.

They're even worse singers than they are comedians :)
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 13/Jun/09 7:59pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.
Hmm, how about Tropic Thunder? Everyone likes Ben Stiller right? He wrote, directed and stars in this http://www.tropicthunder.com/


Tropic Thunder was awesome for Robert Downey jr, his lines were GOLD
JohnnyC
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby ShortStuff on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:44pm

JohnnyC wrote:
BrokenKonaRider wrote:Rental? I know the wrestler can be found online, but doubt it is legally a rental yet.
Hmm, how about Tropic Thunder? Everyone likes Ben Stiller right? He wrote, directed and stars in this http://www.tropicthunder.com/


Tropic Thunder was awesome for Robert Downey jr, his lines were GOLD

I really didn't enjoy Tropic thunder at all
ShortStuff
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby MattV on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:52pm

It was a bit of a let down. It just wasn't funny. So imagine my suprise when itwas given to me as a b/day present by a friend. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
MattV
User avatar
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 8:58pm

Oli wrote:Is that a movie about trigonometry?


Funny you should say that as it makes an appearance. Good movie, not quite as good as first one but still cool.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Oli on Sat 13/Jun/09 9:25pm

A N G E L S not ANGLES. HTH :thumbsup:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: What Is A Movie To See At The 'mo?

Postby Spokes on Sat 13/Jun/09 9:26pm

Oli wrote:A N G E L S not ANGLES. HTH :thumbsup:


Yes i got that. To many happy pills today methinks.
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

37 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 34 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7