This topic has not been added to any channels. This will make it hard for users to find. Type relevant channels into the Add Channel box to add them.

Pikes or Z1s

Z1s
30%
Pikes
57%
none (if so a suggestion)
13%

Total voters : 47

Postby james on Tue 20/Jun/06 9:43am

herbman wrote:
jamieinauckland wrote: I don't hide the fact that I think 120mm is the limit for ANY hardtail. If you need more, then you need some riding lessons.
But then, free choice and all that

you really need to get out and ride some where other than dorkland, cause i can ride a bike and so can may others here and we tend to have more than 120mm forks on our bikes, or could it just be that your skills are not up to some real riding with more than 120mm.
:lol: put down the pipe herbman, or has your brain frozen over?
james
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 20/Jun/06 5:25pm

james_giant wrote:
herbman wrote:
jamieinauckland wrote: I don't hide the fact that I think 120mm is the limit for ANY hardtail. If you need more, then you need some riding lessons.
But then, free choice and all that

you really need to get out and ride some where other than dorkland, cause i can ride a bike and so can may others here and we tend to have more than 120mm forks on our bikes, or could it just be that your skills are not up to some real riding with more than 120mm.
:lol: put down the pipe herbman, or has your brain frozen over?

What he really means is:

Bring your "Auckland sand pit bike" to central otago and try to keep up without killing yourself. :)
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby james on Wed 21/Jun/06 2:57pm

Dougal wrote:Bring your "Auckland sand pit bike" to central otago and try to keep up without killing yourself. :)
My moneys on Jamie sending you two home in boxes.... But what would I know? I've never seen you "ride".... :lol:
james

Postby herbman on Wed 21/Jun/06 3:09pm

james_giant wrote:
Dougal wrote:Bring your "Auckland sand pit bike" to central otago and try to keep up without killing yourself. :)
My moneys on Jamie sending you two home in boxes.... But what would I know? I've never seen you "ride".... :lol:

i have and he can ride, but riding the local trails around alexandra on a hardtail with a wee fork on it is hard as the trails are just big rock gardens rather than sand pits, and feeling beat up after a ride takes some of the fun out of it.

you guys are welcome to come down and i will show you some of the local only trails, you can stay at my place, just don't bring down a short travel single speed as you will not have fun.
herbman
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby MattyD on Wed 21/Jun/06 3:11pm

Z1s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
MattyD
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby james on Wed 21/Jun/06 3:16pm

herbman wrote:i have and he can ride, but riding the local trails around alexandra on a hardtail with a wee fork on it is hard as the trails are just big rock gardens rather than sand pits, and feeling beat up after a ride takes some of the fun out of it.

Lucky giant_bling lives at the Mt then!

herbman wrote:you guys are welcome to come down and i will show you some of the local only trails, you can stay at my place, just don't bring down a short travel single speed as you will not have fun.

One day, one day, hopefully soon, I'll bring my XC rig, its got 8" of travel is that enough? :p ;)
james

Postby herbman on Wed 21/Jun/06 3:22pm

james_giant wrote:
herbman wrote:i have and he can ride, but riding the local trails around alexandra on a hardtail with a wee fork on it is hard as the trails are just big rock gardens rather than sand pits, and feeling beat up after a ride takes some of the fun out of it.

Lucky giant_bling lives at the Mt then!

sucks to be him then

herbman wrote:you guys are welcome to come down and i will show you some of the local only trails, you can stay at my place, just don't bring down a short travel single speed as you will not have fun.

One day, one day, hopefully soon, I'll bring my XC rig, its got 8" of travel is that enough? :p ;)

mine only has 7" :paranoid:
hope it pedals up hill well as we tend to pedal up ;)
herbman

Postby adrianloo on Wed 21/Jun/06 6:08pm

130 mm is fine on a ahrdtail and herbman what do you ride and whats your real name i mite have seen you at a race up there
adrianloo
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby herbman on Wed 21/Jun/06 6:11pm

adrianloo wrote: 130 mm is fine on a ahrdtail and herbman what do you ride and whats your real name i mite have seen you at a race up there

look at the top left of my post

and i was away that weekend
herbman

Postby nedlington on Wed 21/Jun/06 9:18pm

fox 36 vans are lite and plush :thumbsup:
nedlington
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby kasester on Wed 21/Jun/06 9:27pm

pikes cause of the adjustmaent.
kasester
Member for: 12 years 11 months