Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Rik on Tue 30/Jun/15 1:19pm

This is the end

Very few movie consistently make me LOL :lol:

I liked the fact that all the actors where playing themselves
Rik
User avatar
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Wobbler on Tue 30/Jun/15 1:30pm

the scene with the magazine discussion is so fucking gold
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby ChumlyPogward on Tue 30/Jun/15 3:48pm

Wobbler wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:
Astoria Paranoia wrote:Mad Max (2015).
What a lovely day indeed.
Awesome spectacle of a film.
Just ignore the questionable physics and be entertained.


Me too, go see this in theaters to encourage more of this sort of thing.
Practical effects and action editing you can follow FTW.


Yeah was awesome and super rowdy while being easy to follow, I did some reading after it and the george miller bloke made the cameras hold the actor in the middle of the screen rather than framing which might explain why it seemed so watchable


I genuinely enjoy the fact that you all liked it, hooray for diversity of opinion I say.

Myself, I thought that this was the worst piece of shit i have seen in quite a long time. Literally no plot, virtually no dialogue, completely unbelievable worldbuilding. A worse than usual Hollywood 'In the absence of not even one iota of originality, lets have lots of explosions' effort. The single redeeming feature was Charlize Theron, but only because I am in love with her and have been since I saw Aeon Flux.

It made the original movie look like the highest pinnacle of subtlety and storytelling. A 1/10 from me.

Now Ex Machina, THAT was interesting; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

Edit; I quite liked the machines, but in a scarcity economy what use is a guitar that shoots the most valuable resource in the world out it's neck and burns it for no reason?
ChumlyPogward
User avatar
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 30/Jun/15 5:11pm

Ooh, looking forward to Ex Machina too... It's on the watchlist. Yeah, the guitar was clearly for show, but that and the one made-for-3d shot I spotted weren't enough to mar the experience.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Trail on Tue 30/Jun/15 5:29pm

Yes. Enjoyed Ex Machina - in a scary sort way...
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 30/Jun/15 5:53pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:Yeah, the guitar was clearly for show,


And clearly awesome!
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby AgrAde on Tue 30/Jun/15 7:28pm

ChumlyPogward wrote:Myself, I thought that this was the worst piece of shit i have seen in quite a long time. Literally no plot, virtually no dialogue, completely unbelievable worldbuilding. A worse than usual Hollywood 'In the absence of not even one iota of originality, lets have lots of explosions' effort. The single redeeming feature was Charlize Theron, but only because I am in love with her and have been since I saw Aeon Flux.

It made the original movie look like the highest pinnacle of subtlety and storytelling. A 1/10 from me.

Edit; I quite liked the machines, but in a scarcity economy what use is a guitar that shoots the most valuable resource in the world out it's neck and burns it for no reason?


You're allowed to disagree, but I think you're wrong :)

-Plot. Watch Road Warrior. Great film. Similar level of plot and storytelling. It's also a classic. both films had enough to work, and that's all it needed.

-Dialogue. Watch Road Warrior. Gibson has under 20 lines in the whole movie. It's awesome, don't argue.

-Originality. Oh my god was this a magnificent addition to the Mad Max universe. original vehicles, original characters, unique in the fact that it's a modern action film with a powerful female lead, the aesthetic was different to virtually anything else. Even the way it was shot was unusual. The practical effects were unusual.

-The guitar dude was my favourite part of the whole movie. He was also an important character. there to show that because Immortan Joe was so fucking rich because of his water, that he was able to afford anything he wanted, and ruin it, and waste it... but the one thing he wants most - healthy children - he is struggling to obtain. This fuels the whole plot of the movie. The guitarist is important, don't argue. Also when the guitarist is getting his arse kicked by max, he gets smashed in the face BUT HE JUST GRABS HIS GUITAR AND KEEPS PLAYING IT! SO AWESOME!

Mad Max was awesome.
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby ChumlyPogward on Wed 1/Jul/15 12:10pm

Well I suspected it, but now I know I am just a more refined class of citizen... :sly:
ChumlyPogward
User avatar
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby AgrAde on Wed 1/Jul/15 12:31pm

I need more evidence. Do you drive an Audi?
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby ChumlyPogward on Fri 3/Jul/15 8:04am

How did you guess? I do find that the Q7 sends the correct message to other road users about my driving intent, without the need to be entirely strict about my indicator use.

As a member of the proletariat I assume you drive a corolla or orthia or somesuch...?
ChumlyPogward
User avatar
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby scatter on Fri 3/Jul/15 8:06am

We watched Pulp Fiction again a couple of nights ago. Everytime time I see it, I notice something new. Dang, that movie is eff'd up :lol:
scatter
User avatar
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby EoinC on Fri 3/Jul/15 8:25am

I went on an outing last week to take some kids to see Terminator Something at an IMAX venue. I managed to fall asleep during the ad's before the movie, and woke up just about at the end. I'm sure my dribbling and snoring impressed my neighbour. It's the first movie I've been to in years, and I'm starting to remember why.
EoinC
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 6/Oct/15 5:44pm

I dun sawed The Martian the other night.
Science, lols and Matt Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamon ftw.
3D wasn't at all intrusive either.

Well recommended :thumbsup:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby AgrAde on Tue 6/Oct/15 7:58pm

Greatly looking forward to when I can watch The Martian in the comfort of my own home.

ChumlyPogward wrote:How did you guess? I do find that the Q7 sends the correct message to other road users about my driving intent, without the need to be entirely strict about my indicator use.

As a member of the proletariat I assume you drive a corolla or orthia or somesuch...?


Nay, I also drive an ostentatious German businessmobile :)




Seen this 3 times now. It's exactly what all movies should be.

Last edited by AgrAde on Tue 6/Oct/15 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: What Did You Last Watch?

Postby znomit on Tue 6/Oct/15 8:04pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:I dun sawed The Martian the other night.


The book is bloody good too.
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

55 Users browsing this website: dwgknz, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 52 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop