Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 16th Oct 8:12am

Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Tue 16th Oct 8:47am

Velocipedestrian wrote:Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.

Ordered a funnel and a litre of oil at the same time, figured I will need to shorten the hoses anyway. :thumbsup: Funnel was a whole $7!!!! :butbut:

They were out of stock for olives, off to the LBS for those.
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby oldandlazy on Tue 16th Oct 10:21am

Conners wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.

Ordered a funnel and a litre of oil at the same time, figured I will need to shorten the hoses anyway. :thumbsup: Funnel was a whole $7!!!! :butbut:

They were out of stock for olives, off to the LBS for those.


They usually have a single replacement olive with each brake.
oldandlazy
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 16th Oct 10:57am

oldandlazy wrote:
Conners wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.

Ordered a funnel and a litre of oil at the same time, figured I will need to shorten the hoses anyway. :thumbsup: Funnel was a whole $7!!!! :butbut:

They were out of stock for olives, off to the LBS for those.


They usually have a single replacement olive with each brake.


:withstupid:
I found out I have a few spares from brakes I've acquired.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 16th Oct 11:08am

Conners wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.

Ordered a funnel and a litre of oil at the same time, figured I will need to shorten the hoses anyway.

And remove the small amount of factory fitted bubbles while you're there.
The only thing I've noticed the contact screw does is trap air, wind it out while bleeding, then back in once all closed up again.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Tue 16th Oct 3:01pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:
oldandlazy wrote:
Conners wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Buy or track down the Shimano funnel, gives +1 to easyness.

Ordered a funnel and a litre of oil at the same time, figured I will need to shorten the hoses anyway. :thumbsup: Funnel was a whole $7!!!! :butbut:

They were out of stock for olives, off to the LBS for those.


They usually have a single replacement olive with each brake.


:withstupid:
I found out I have a few spares from brakes I've acquired.

That's what I would expect also, but apparently not:
apparently not.jpg

Will wait and see what shows up.
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Wednesday 12:35pm

Success! I now have two brakes, one left/rear and one right/front.
Interestingly this one shipped with not only barb and olive, but also with a bleed block and hose clamp - sweet!

IMG_0645copy2.jpg
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby dwgknz on Wednesday 3:43pm



Was sent this by a family member at Hawkes Bay District Health Board.

Doesn't seem to be limited.
dwgknz
User avatar
Member for: 5 years 8 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby AgrAde on Wednesday 8:47pm

Chur!
AgrAde
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wednesday 10:14pm

Conners wrote:Interestingly this one shipped with not only barb and olive, but also with a bleed block and hose clamp - sweet!

As it should. Annoying to fit the barb without the clamp, and it's always good to have a spare bleed block.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Thursday 3:25pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
Conners wrote:Interestingly this one shipped with not only barb and olive, but also with a bleed block and hose clamp - sweet!

As it should. Annoying to fit the barb without the clamp, and it's always good to have a spare bleed block.

Exactly - scratching my head as to why the other two units I received didn’t have any yellow plastic in them at all.


Anyway, really glad it’s all finally sorted.
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thursday 5:26pm

Not CRC/Wiggle but I think I've finally found my ideal tire gauge from Amazon.

Image

Got sick of using just over 1/9th of the scale of my Giyo one.
Same one as available from Wheelworks but with the rubber boot.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thursday 6:05pm

I've been considering one of those, but I hear they're most accurate and last longer if you're using the middle of the range rather than near the top all the time...
The 0-60 psi version would sort that at the expense of the finer gauge.
Wadda ya reckon?

Edit: is the boot worth the extra size? My fanny's pretty tight as it is.
Booted and bootless are both on amazon, about $10 cheaper without.
Last edited by Velocipedestrian on Thursday 6:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velocipedestrian
User avatar
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thursday 6:07pm

I bought the 30psi version.
Still gotta be more accurate than my current one by a long way.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Thursday 9:31pm

Nice one - great idea.
I know a shed where I can find one of these from our three wheeler farm bike days where 9psi was the order of the day.
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], slidecontrol and 51 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle