Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby swtchbckr on Wed 11th Oct 11:55am

ChainReaction has BrandX ones for $209 NZD... in 27.2 too.
and here
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 11th Oct 5:50pm

The BrandX is so tempting when it's a little over a third of what I paid for my LEVs.
Dunno if one is worthy for the Privee :(
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 11th Oct 7:32pm

Only 125mm drop, the giant is 150.
Not advocating to justify my purchase, just as a note.
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 25th Oct 1:43pm

Shopping again... Just dropped the dollars on some Shimano AM9 shoes (they look like they'll fit my bill of requirements) and some Troy Lee socks.
Again crossing fingers the click through worked.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Scotty on Thu 26th Oct 7:16am

So last week I went shopping on JensonUSA after failing to find what I wanted on CRC... who seem to be a bit off the game these days.

No free shipping, but when everything was taken into account it worked out a heap cheaper. This is on smaller items like components and stuff like that, the freight on wheels made it a waste of time. I did the same with some of the oldies like Cambria and Universal Cycles and it was the same story.

I just thought it was an interesting observation as I stopped shopping with US sites a while back.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 26th Oct 7:50am

Interesting, the shipping has been a killer the few times I've bought things from the US.
Velocipedestrian

Postby dwgknz on Thu 26th Oct 8:08am

Scotty wrote:So last week I went shopping on JensonUSA after failing to find what I wanted on CRC... who seem to be a bit off the game these days.

No free shipping, but when everything was taken into account it worked out a heap cheaper. This is on smaller items like components and stuff like that, the freight on wheels made it a waste of time. I did the same with some of the oldies like Cambria and Universal Cycles and it was the same story.

I just thought it was an interesting observation as I stopped shopping with US sites a while back.

I've found the same. I ended up getting a rigid fork through JensonUSA as no one else had any stock anywhere. Also have had to resort to the Germans to get a saddle and MTB Warehouse in Australia for a strap.

But mostly using NZ companies at the moment Biking Mad locally, Capital Cycles in town and Burkes, T7 and Ground Effect over the web. 90% of the stuff I've bought in the last year would be from a NZ company.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 26th Oct 9:20am

The older DB Air shocks went on sale at Jenson a while back but the shipping tipped the total cost over $400. I called them, and they agreed to price it so that it snuck under the limit. Worth trying that with the wheels too I guess. The person who answered my call was the person who offered me the deal. Pretty excellent service really.

Though I failed to check the customs rates of exchange and ended up paying $550 after all the fees and GST
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts