Re: What Did You Buy From Wigglecrc This Week?

Postby Conners on Fri 26th May 11:01am

Aha! I should've updated my other thread, but thought I'd wait for the full update report once its done.

70mm stem (trialled an 80, and a 40. 80 was ok, 40 was ridiculous - was fun on the downs but way too short on the ups). So I settled on 70 - its 20mm shorter than that I'm on currently, and I think much more off than that would start cramping me up.

740 bars, been trialling on a 730 and am still picking the scab on my knuckles after my first tree altercation. Confident that I don't need any wider than that.
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 27th May 11:23am

Hope it works out well, the 70 makes sense. (personally would have gone wider - can always cut)
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Conners on Sun 28th May 4:21pm

Yeah possibly. But the jump up after so long on 640 feels massive already, especially through tight tracks that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be tempted any wider (on this bike anyway).
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Tugboat on Wed 19th Jul 7:05pm

PSA: If you are thinking about buying anything from the UK based shops (or any other EU store) and using NZ Post's You Shop service to circumvent Wiggle, CRC, Sigma Sport, or anyone else's restrictions aound what brands they will ship to NZ.

You Shop's UK operation will no longer forward on anything at all containing lithium batteries! Doesn't matter if they are installed or not, in a sealed unit or in a manufacturer's sealed box.

In my case a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt computer was refused because it is classed as "dangerous goods". They will return it to the merchant (luckily Sigma Sport has a 90 day refund policy), and they will charge you for that! It's a complete pain in the arse! :angry:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby wolffman1 on Fri 21st Jul 11:12pm

Tugboat wrote:
In my case a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt computer was refused because it is classed as "dangerous goods". They will return it to the merchant (luckily Sigma Sport has a 90 day refund policy), and they will charge you for that! It's a complete pain in the arse! :angry:

I drove in my car to a shop on a street and spoke to a person and gave them my credit card to pay RRP for one of those.
It felt very odd, but it's a great unit that just works.
After 3 garmin fails in about 4 weeks I was ready to swap.
With a 90° angle switch and careful use of a Stanley knife you can keep Garmin mounts on your stem if you want to put it on several bikes. The wahoo ones use zip ties which isn't as neat. The wahoo out front mount is very nice though. I'm not a massive believer in the aero hype for it but I can't see me giving Garmin another cent
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Tugboat on Sat 22nd Jul 10:06am

wolffman1 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:I drove in my car to a shop on a street and spoke to a person and gave them my credit card to pay RRP for one of those.
It felt very odd, but it's a great unit that just works.

If that was an option I'd consider it. I haven't seen the Bolt in any shop in NZ yet though. And you can be sure that when it arrives that it will be a lot more expensive than the $307 that Sigma Sport had it for.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby wolffman1 on Tue 25th Jul 1:09am

$399 AU if that puts it in a ball park
wolffman1
"Maaangooo"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby 13daza on Wed 26th Jul 9:50pm

Now that im not able to ride any useful distance for a while due to my buggered shoulder I scored a bike trainer ($74) on clearance - %68 0ff ,and some other bits and bobs so I can set up in the shed with the young fella (hes not old enough to do 50km rides on his own) on the trainers and keep semi fit until docs can screw the chunk of bone that came off with the tendon back in and I have recovered enough to hit the roads and trails again .... (hopefully in time for Taupo) will have to adopt a "no hands" style on the trainer lol
13daza
Member for: 3 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Thu 27th Jul 12:26pm

Has anyone made a purchase from one of our affiliates recently where they think they had credited vorb?

Or is anyone thinking of making a purchase in the near future who wouldn't mind crediting vorb? Just click one of the links at the bottom of the page before making your purchase, easy as that. Sadly I don't actually "need" anything at moment, otherwise I would.

We haven't had any commissions come through for nearly TWO months now :paranoid:

Feel free to PM me if you are concerned about the purse strings holder discovering any purchasing anomalies.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 27th Jul 12:59pm

I bought an XT crankset but I never remember to click through vorb. If you make me feel bad enough then I might start to. My memory is too sieve-like to get in the habit of doing so when it's only 2-3 times a year. Sorry. I'll be buying some wheels soon probably so will try keep it in mind.

On that note, I bought an XT m785 crankset with BB and rings for $108 delivered. Ridiculous. They've even silver, which is the best colour for cranks and are sure to rile people that prefer black.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 27th Jul 1:19pm

Haven't bought anything in ages, but I thought it was based on cookies or SSLT and if you'd clicked through recently it would still credit vorb.

Silver is not the best colour for cranks, crabon is.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 27th Jul 4:50pm

not from wiggle, but i just boughts myself these puppies for the townie:
https://store.velo-orange.com/index.php ... -noir.html
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby jo on Thu 27th Jul 5:48pm

I've got a $100 T7 voucher my au colleagues gave me as a leaving gift. :paranoid:
Still dont know what to get though I must remember, once I figure out what to get, to click through from vorb.
Baggy shorts are a priority I think, but tricky when you cant try them on.
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 27th Jul 5:50pm

dwgknz wrote:Haven't bought anything in ages, but I thought it was based on cookies or SSLT and if you'd clicked through recently it would still credit vorb.

Silver is not the best colour for cranks, crabon is.

Carbon cranks are worse than carbon wheels :crazy:
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 27th Jul 6:28pm

Colour? Or fear of failure?
Velocipedestrian
"Vorb Trophy Husband of the year 2015"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts