Re: What Did You Buy From Wiggle This Week?

Postby dwgknz on Tue 4/Oct/16 4:12pm

beater32 wrote:I've had some luck on eBay. Still no Crc prices though..

Some US amazon shops will send to NZ and Canada (my other option in the next few weeks) but the muricans always charge ridiculous amounts for postage, even to Nova Scotia. It's only a damper upgrade so may do free us postage and $18 youshop.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 9 months

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 4/Oct/16 9:03pm

Is using You Shop in either UK or US not an option, or does it actually see that you're not surfing from there?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 4/Oct/16 9:31pm

swtchbckr wrote:Is using You Shop in either UK or US not an option, or does it actually see that you're not surfing from there?

Through UK you'd be paying VAT and then likely GST when it lands here.
There will be a way to claim the VAT back with proven export, but I've never heard of anyone doing so.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Wed 5/Oct/16 8:36am

swtchbckr wrote:Is using You Shop in either UK or US not an option, or does it actually see that you're not surfing from there?

Yeah, I'm going with the US option and amazon. If you change your chain reaction settings to UK you can search hidden things via google....
dwgknz

Postby michael on Mon 24/Oct/16 4:24pm

Nothing yet, but I can't help but notice a pair of Hope Pro4 hubs from CRC are currently sitting around $350/pr, wonder if they come in a limited "Thanks Boris" edition?
michael
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 25/Oct/16 1:16pm

Done some shopping:

Crankset for the wife and a few single speed bits for me from CRC

Surly 1x1 fork from Jensons

RCT3 damper from Amazon - going to give the upgrade a go. Way cheaper than getting a pike and having it converted to 120mm which is about the only other option I can see. Been reading a bit online on other forums about it, there was one but it descended into Dougal having to explain the difference to some guy about friction vs stiction.....
dwgknz

Postby Dougal on Tue 25/Oct/16 2:12pm

dwgknz wrote:Been reading a bit online on other forums about it, there was one but it descended into Dougal having to explain the difference to some guy about friction vs stiction.....

Oh that one.

Is this a MOCO type RTC3? They're pretty rare. Of the hundreds of forks we've serviced we've only seen one.
Dougal
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:03pm

The Motion Control one? I think so. It seems if a whole lot were released this week because there's heaps of purchase options. It's this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOOIHMA/

The fork is the only thing I'm unhappy about on my bike now but don't have enough in the near future to upgrade it. I've seen a 120mm Pike in Welly and while it's supposed to be the shit it's also GST week (which will clear me out for months!).
dwgknz

Postby mudguard on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:12pm

I bought some pedals and a torque wrench from CRC. First ever item to get hit for GST. I didn't even think about to be honest. So instead of it being delivered, I received an email on Friday, which I've finally been able to respond to today.
Think it adds about $100 to the transaction, about $50 for GST and $50 for their "inspection" fee. Well, at least that's how I read it.
mudguard
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Rik on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:29pm

mudguard wrote:I bought some pedals and a torque wrench from CRC. First ever item to get hit for GST. I didn't even think about to be honest. So instead of it being delivered, I received an email on Friday, which I've finally been able to respond to today.
Think it adds about $100 to the transaction, about $50 for GST and $50 for their "inspection" fee. Well, at least that's how I read it.

So that'll be on a $600 order, right?
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:37pm

What torque wrench? I just went for the x-tools one. Tested against the LBS park tools one seems correct.
dwgknz

Postby mudguard on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:51pm

Rik wrote:So that'll be on a $600 order, right?

Well $486 was charged to my credit card.

dwgknz wrote:What torque wrench? I just went for the x-tools one. Tested against the LBS park tools one seems correct.

I bought a cheap one from T7 for under 15nm, so I bought the bigger Park one (and also the sockets) from CRC.
mudguard

Postby dwgknz on Tue 25/Oct/16 3:57pm

Only GST under $60 will be waived so anything under $400. Both bike parts and tools are 0% duty so no issue there.
dwgknz

Postby Klarkash-ton on Tue 25/Oct/16 4:32pm

dwgknz wrote:The Motion Control one? I think so. It seems if a whole lot were released this week because there's heaps of purchase options. It's this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOOIHMA/

The fork is the only thing I'm unhappy about on my bike now but don't have enough in the near future to upgrade it. I've seen a 120mm Pike in Welly and while it's supposed to be the xxxx it's also GST week (which will clear me out for months!).

gst week sucks, especially when you make a major error and nobody realises for 2 years...
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby mudguard on Wed 26/Oct/16 10:53am

So my $486 purchase requires an additional $172. Which is made up of:
Custom Import Transaction Fee $42.81
Custom Clearance $40
GST on above services $12.42
GST on pedals and torque wrench $77.10

I think next time I'll do the clearance myself, means printing the invoice, and physically taking it to a Customs office. Just to see how painful it is or isn't. I also have to pay the invoice by bank transfer which is extra annoying.
mudguard

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts