What age should people be able to buy booze in New Zealand?

Ban it all!
6%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
2%
60%
15%
4%
2%
2%
8%
It shouldn't be restricted at all
2%

Total voters : 52

Re: What Age Should People Be Able To Buy Booze In Nz?

Postby avantibill on Thu 30/Jul/09 7:50pm

Sue Bradford says that kids have the same rights as adults so.....

I have been teetotal for about 3 weeks now, as I have to tighten my belt for the recession.
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby michael on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:04pm

avantibill wrote:Sue Bradford says that kids have the same rights as adults so.....

Incorrect.
michael
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:10pm

Make it 30. That will stop the Boi Racers........
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby Monolith on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:11pm

shmoodiver wrote:criminalise liquor and decriminalise cannabis, don't see stoners causing fights

I agree.

While the only drug I deliberately use is caffeine, I would much rather see cannabis legal and alcohol outlawed.

Why single out alcohol? There are better drugs and better drugs for you. Example - there are NO (zero) recorded cases where marajuana has caused death; alcohol kills more people than crack, cocaine and heroin COMBINED each year. Obviously the government are taxing booze heavily, which is great - all that tax pays for new roads, so people can drink and drive more easily.

There are NO valid reasons why cannabis is against the law.

Bill Hicks (RIP) wrote:If someone is at a bar and is loud, obnoxious, aggressive, and violent... are they drunk or are they smoking pot?

I don't use marajuana and I don't drink alcohol so I'm not biased one way or the other in that sense.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"

Postby MattV on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:17pm

Spokes wrote:Make it 30. That will stop the Boi Racers........

No, cause then they'll have spare cash to spend on their ricers :exclaim:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:19pm

word mono, alcohol is a major drain on society and probably costs as much as it's taxes make.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby XCrazy on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:19pm

I think although saying that alcohol causes more deaths than all the other drugs is true it is misleading because of the ease of availability of alcohol in comparison to the other drugs. Legalize cannabis and outlaw alcohol and you will probably find cannabis will cause a similar type of problem. I don't imagine people driving stoned as being much better than driving drunk :crazy:
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:23pm

XCrazy wrote: I don't imagine people driving stoned as being much better than driving drunk :crazy:

incorrect.
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:26pm

no need to legalize, just decriminalize
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby DropKick on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:28pm

They should just have us all get on the Nitrous, its good stuff, great fun, only lasts while you're using it.

Pretty much the only significant side effect of it is causing a bit of a folate deficiency, but if the gubbberment backtracks the new law that can all be covered :thumbsup:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Monolith on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:29pm

XCrazy wrote:I think although saying that alcohol causes more deaths than all the other drugs is true it is misleading because of the ease of availability of alcohol in comparison to the other drugs. Legalize cannabis and outlaw alcohol and you will probably find cannabis will cause a similar type of problem. I don't imagine people driving stoned as being much better than driving drunk :crazy:

I understand what you're saying. Still, there are NO recorded cases of cannabis causing death - that immediately makes it safer than booze. Also, people driving stoned are no risk at all. Say you're stoned and you're involved in a collision; you're only going 15km/h :D
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"

Postby wachtourak on Thu 30/Jul/09 8:40pm

Stoners are for the most part useless fucks who smell bad and can't pay their rent on time though, so I hate them just as much as fight-picking alkies
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Ben_T on Thu 30/Jul/09 9:14pm

now that everyone is over 20 and have had their fun it is fine to rase the drinking age...
Ben_T
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Lukus on Thu 30/Jul/09 9:23pm

shmoodiver wrote:criminalise liquor and decriminalise cannabis, don't see stoners causing fights

Fuck yes - I know a song by The Streets that tries to enforce this point. have a listen if you don't know it - it's called "The Irony of It all"
Lukus
"The Colonel's Finest"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Health | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts