Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 27/Sep/13 9:11pm

Build tomorrow, looking to make the landing top section wider to accommodate for the Big Booter jump...! also carry on with the drainage and tidying up 3pm!.
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 4/Oct/13 7:38pm

Build tomorrow, from 10am onwards..! BIG day woop woop, continued working on the step down area
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 11/Oct/13 9:39pm

Tomorrow build around 3pm..!!!!!!!

Good build today, got the entry to the jump all cleaned up, missing the slasher at the moment.... :( going to be a very fast entry, just need to tidy up the lip and the exit and she is ready to hit>!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 1/Nov/13 9:00pm

Build tomorrow, up around the Chute /Tuna's link, need to remove the trees surrounding the area, they are tending to move a lot with the recent high winds, so best remove them before we end up with accidents 3pm :thumbsup:

Good build yesterday, managed to remove the 2 offending trees, this has opened up the link berm too, making it a bit smoother, have also trimmed the trees at the start of Tuna's, these were getting in the way of filming when the Go Pro was on the side of the helmet. we have changed the Xc entry to Tuna's too, instead of it dropping in on the berm exit we moved it left to come in the other side of the trees and to enter the track lower down should work in well with the next step of the upgrade to the start of the track..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 9/Nov/13 8:09am

Build today, unsure of what we will be up too, but turn up bring your bike and tools, possibly be around the Tuna's link, build the next berm to drop section..!3pm

Great build today, got the whole of the Upper taniwha track entry rebuilt, it now consists of 2 drops, 2 gaps, a bypass line and a berm.. makes the entry a bit more interesting, with good line options... John also got the skinny on the North shore built out a bit wider making the transition to the flat drop a bit easier, still gonna take some practice thou, especially with my gearing, the whole of Upper tani is looking real good at the moment, will look at adding some more small jumps along the way to the step down too.. will also grab some photos to post up next week, might even try a video of a run thru as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 16/Nov/13 8:16am

Build today, 3pm, bikes and tools, poss up around Upper taniwha..!

Great day today, got some carpet down on the top section, rebuilt the northshore area a bit, and dug the poles in for the new drop ramp (9M gap)
GOPR1343.JPG
Entry to Upper taniwha, 3 entry lines, left and middle jumps and right side berm to drop
GOPR1344.JPG
Drop on right side, jump landers on left
GOPR1345.JPG
looking thru to the North Shore
GOPR1346.JPG
structure changes, made the entry to the drop a bit wider
GOPR1347.JPG
built out the skinny, hopefully this will make for more riding
GOPR1348.JPG
Drop gap in foreground, the next 9M gap in the back ( poles in and ready to build)
GOPR1349.JPG
the new chute link track, berm line on right to link thru the jump-berm-jump
GOPR1350.JPG
new line for the XC entry to Tunas from the motorway, this will allow the riders to enter the track lower down and not over the top of the berm
GOPR1352.JPG
this area will get a makeover, the XC line on the left, and there will be a berm to drop just inside that
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Viewed 916 times - Rating: 5/5
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 17/Nov/13 7:28pm

can someone let me know if the video is playing fully, I only see about 4 seconds then it stops... :o
The_Quinsta

Postby Sorin Gow on Sun 17/Nov/13 8:55pm

The whole vid playing for me Danbox
Sorin Gow
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 23/Nov/13 7:10am

Build today 3pm, bring the usual..!
:cool:

Good build today, I managed to cut a bypass line in for the Chute-Tuna's link track, shouldn't need to do to much to it, just pack in some berms and let the trail build itself....
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 26/Nov/13 7:11pm

Also: as the times are changing, i have brought back the good old "Session Northland" to the fray by opening up a FB page, am hoping to maintain this thread and the FB page at the same time, wont be double posting and stuff, but will be splitting up vids and photos.. I know there are a few who still use Vorb frequently, but a lot of newbies don't bother. Hopefully this will bring some new people to Vorb.. :thumb:

Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Session-N ... 2442197140
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 30/Nov/13 6:17am

Build today 3pm.... possibly up around the Chute Link..!

Good build today, cleared from the Hip thru to the motorway for the bypass, looking real good and should be (with practice) real fast, Thanks to Hayden and Matt for dropping in and lending a hand!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 7/Dec/13 9:01am

Build tomorrow ( Sunday) at 3pm, going to be helping out on Drop Track.. big berm rebuild..! bring spades and rake .. and your bike..!

Good build on Sunday arvo, got down and helped out Stu with the berm on Drop track... half way there now, going to have a good flow with pedalling throughout, then went up to Tuna's started trimming trees, we have had a lot of growth thru there over the last couple of months, this will be the next track for clearing .. prob over xmas, then move to motorway. New trees growing around the rock garden take care at this time not to run over them use the outside line to get around thru there please..
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 4/Jan/14 10:43am

Heading back into the thick of it today, will be up there from 4pm, going to be hot hot hot.. heading to the Motorway area... give it a clean up, have given Tuna's a smash the other day, cleared out a lot of the branches etc etc from the overhanging trees! looks good now
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 24/Feb/14 6:16am

Been a while since the last addition in here, we have been working along the Resurrection track for the past 3 weekends, looking to kill it off in the next three hopefully, then will move onto R2. Will get some photos posted of the trail, the trees are getting right up there...
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 1/Mar/14 8:25pm

Ressa track as it looks after we have done some clearing, have gone from the bottom car park all the way to nearly the Ressa/XC track crossingover half way up, so we should be finished up in the next couple of weeks, the track is looking mint with the trees so tall , ground is still slippery as it always ha been but she is nearly fully ridable again and we will be into rebuilding the jumps and berms this winter can't wait
IMG_20140301_173845_0.jpg
IMG_20140301_173915_0.jpg
IMG_20140301_174007_0.jpg
IMG_20140301_174027_0.jpg
IMG_20140301_174119_0.jpg
IMG_20140301_174144_0.jpg
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts