Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 28/Jun/13 6:09pm

Build tomorrow, hope to get some shape into the berms... spade and water....!!!! 2:30pm

Great build yesterday, 3 helpers.. makes light work, got a good dig on the berm, built the 2nd lander up ready for finishing, built the ramp up, got a good dig on the berm and got some more clay sent up to the top berm..! :) :) :)
IMG_20130629_171031_0.jpg
bit of an overview of the section..!
IMG_20130629_171050_0.jpg
the link track berm.....
IMG_20130629_171144_0.jpg
motorway jump ramp
IMG_20130629_171154_0.jpg
Rebuilt Tuna's entry, this will be the lander for the motorway gap..
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 5/Jul/13 6:41pm

Build tomorrow, Chute link, 3 pm if JPinTuts brings the key....! hahha :o

Great big step today, managed to get a good 1st cut in on the 2nd berm, just got the final cut to do then its pretty much just the drainage that needs sorting, top berm has mounds of dirt ready for shaping, lower lander looks great, coming along really well so far. Also managed to prop up one of the trees that blew over a couple weeks back, cheers to Liam for cutting up the tree trunks for the braces. Also thanks to Stu and Brett for lending a hand.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hoping to be hitting it in 2 or 3 weekends time.. cant wait :crazy:
IMG_20130706_172155_0.jpg
IMG_20130706_172211_0.jpg
get digging Liam get off ur phone..!;P
IMG_20130706_172236_0.jpg
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 10/Jul/13 5:46pm

Build this weekend, I will have to pop up on Sunday, Can't make the Saturday. So will be heading up around 12pm on Sunday ..!

Good build today, mainly digging of the drains etc etc, got the top berm pre shaped, will leave this for a week or two , to settle down ready for its final shape..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 19/Jul/13 8:00pm

Build this weekend, Sunday 1pm, will be cutting out the new Mackensie track exit for around the dog pound, this has become a problem with riders using the jumps and pump track as a exit, so will be cutting out a reverse line and take it out the back and around.,..! bring gloves

Got a good line cut thru for the new xc exit of Mackensie track, just need to remove some more of the logs and then cut a base for the track around the hill, will be into that next week
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 26/Jul/13 8:45pm

Build tomorrow, be around the XC track, hope to have some guys there to get it cut out nice and quick, shouldnt take long, got the gorse cleared last weekend.. 3pm, anybody got a chainsaw..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 2/Aug/13 7:45pm

Build tomorrow 3pm, unsure of what we will be up too, really want a fine day to finish the berms for Chute Link, might head up for clearing the dead gorse on Upper Taniwha, and get it ready for the rebuild up there..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 9/Aug/13 6:09am

Build this Saturday, will finish cutting out the tree thats hindering the rest of the XC Mackensie track, tracks looking good, some soft spots in there, but with some riding we can it bedded nicely for the gravel later.

Chute Link, we shaped the top berm last week and carpeted it, then did another cut on the lower berm, starting to look real nice, The whole section looks quite tight but we will make changes once we have hit it up, if we need too. Carpeted the lower berm too, exit ramp may be too steep, once this rain buggers off on the weekends we can finish clearing the inside of this berm for the drains and we are good to go..!

EDIT: Good build today, got the rest of the XC track cut away and ready to groom, big log has been removed, cleared around Roller Coaster, trimmed some of the pines up a bit. Then went up and made a start on Upper Taniwha, real easy clearing up there, so if the wet weather carrys on we will get into this area and cut it up for the new lines. also checked out the new drains around Chute link, some on Tunas, extended the berm cover drain another 2 metres, getting a bit of seepage coming thru further up the berm... Looking good otherwise
Last edited by The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Aug/13 6:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Quinsta

Postby JPinTuts on Sat 10/Aug/13 3:42pm

Yo Quinsta,

Went up and delt to the tree, took 1/2 the time we spent with the toy saw and didn't end up with a pick handle up me gooch!

Away on sunday so will have to catch up next weekend, maybe final trim then drawing straws for the CTD (crash test dummy) position.

cheers
JP
JPinTuts
Member for: 6 years 10 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Aug/13 6:51pm

JPinTuts wrote:Yo Quinsta,

Went up and delt to the tree, took 1/2 the time we spent with the toy saw and didn't end up with a pick handle up me gooch!

Away on sunday so will have to catch up next weekend, maybe final trim then drawing straws for the CTD (crash test dummy) position.

cheers
JP

Yeah saw that, like the nice touch with the JP13 ... was looking at it thinking... fark sake.. ;)
yeah need to get liam back up there, had a look today, the rain has cleared out the bottom part of the berm real nice. think i will wait till its fine to hit it :paranoid:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 16/Aug/13 6:47pm

Build tomorrow, up around the exit of Upper Taniwha, supposed to be raining, so looking to carry on the clear of UT... 3pm

Good build today, got most of the previous bypass line cleared, we will open this up next build and shut the stepdown off, ready for digging..!! :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 21/Aug/13 6:12pm

Build this saturday, upper Taniwha, get all the gorse cleared away thats cut down, clean up the track whats left, then set out the new ramps for the new lines, hope to get the bypass open so we can rope off the drop .. 3pm

Top build today, got the entire bypass line for Upper Taniwha cleared and ridable, Note it is very fast... gonna be some big skids down towards the end, so next weekend we can dig up the existing ramp and split it into 2 separate ramps.. need some carpet so if anyone knows of someone upgrading their house please let me know... Also got a ride in, (Upper, Tunas, Dog pound) all trails seem to have weather the winter pretty well, so good to be back on the bike... LOVE IT HERE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 30/Aug/13 7:55pm

Build tomorrow, will be cutting up the old ramp for the stepdown and building the new set of ramps..! spades and picks galore... woop woop, and hope to have a ride ! 1PM
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 6/Sep/13 5:50pm

Build tomorrow, will be around 3pm at the gate, don't be late, gate will be locked up, due to last weeks 4WD incident... :angry: working on the Upper Taniwha Step down, got some carpet sorted so we will work on the lander area..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 14/Sep/13 6:59am

Build today, carry on reshaping the stepdown lander, got a good dig in last week, will now clear the rest of the scrub away on the other side and towards the bottom, then level it all out and carpet it.... :thumbsup: Will also get some photos 3pm, be on time gate gets locked!

Great build today, got the carpet down, cleared the whole right side out..
GOPR1314.JPG
The entry to the bypass on the left, the entry to the stepdown via jump on right
GOPR1315.JPG
GOPR1316.JPG
The short gap, .. there will be a longer gap on the other side of this ramp
GOPR1311.JPG
Carpet going down..!
GOPR1312.JPG
Line pick time, Short on the left, and there will be a long on the right
GOPR1313.JPG
Bypass line, deceptively fast
GOPR1317.JPG
looking back at the landing,
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 20/Sep/13 9:04pm

Build tomorrow, Upper Taniwha, get the lander packed out and the lower cleared..! 3pm
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts