Re: Whangarei Trail Builds

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 27/Oct/12 8:24am

Impromptu build today, wasn't going to go up due to visitors, but they are going to be late so will be heading up around 9 or so for a slashing on ressa and a quick ride..!
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 1/Nov/12 7:37pm

Build this saturday on ressa, prob start at the lower part and work up, mostly the big gorse.... 3pm..!

Good build today, bit slow on the progress but thats gorse for ya, managed to clear most of it up to the dual berms, starting to look nice and open again, get stuck in next weekend and clear out the othersides that we didnt hit today and then hopefully finish it off the week after that.. ready for spraying..!
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 10/Nov/12 6:46am

Build today, ..fine weather.. spraying, willl spray tunas, motorway and possibly Vendetta then look to have a good ride...bring a spray pack..! 3pm

top effort today, we got another 200L down, Tuna's, Motorway and inbetween and then got a good chunk of Vendetta sprayed too... then rode for the rest of it... what a day trails are good and fast.. can't be happier with the result..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 16/Nov/12 9:36pm

Build tomorrow, round 3pm, back to ressa, clear some more gorse and hopefully make it up to the XC crossing, hope to take the bike out too..!!!!

Bit of a bugger for the build the slasher broke down, bit of water in the carby, wouldn't start and the holder broke, oh well got out the handsaw and cut a good viewing area for the Lower Taniwha and Ressa junction, hope to rebuild the beast this week and continue the assault next weekend, going to look real good for the end of summer ..!..
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 21/Nov/12 8:32pm

Build this saturday, 3pm... back into Ressa, slasher all fixed and ready for action...!!!!!!!! should be fine too , might look to get a ride in..!

Good build today, got the rest of the junction cleared out, starting to look real good now... had a good ride, tracks are great after the rain all week, Next week should finish ressa and move to R2 or Lower taniwha..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 1/Dec/12 8:29am

Build today, will look to work around the lower Taniwha area today, 3PM at the car-park.
went for a looksie there on Wed arvo, going to clear the line into the lower jump area, clear the jumps and clear back up to the big berm and jumps...., will also cut back the gorse on the shelf and look to add a drop in line for the jumps.. along the lines of a drop the drop over Taniwha and into a hipped lander then onto the jumps thru to the pad... will try to get a digger in there at some stage to make some clay piles so we can build a various set of lines and hopefully a pump track.

Monday is a day off for me so I will be up there from early morning thru to 2 ish, will be looking to clear all the sides of Lower Taniwha from the Big berm back and on Ressa from the XC crossing thru to the top ... if your keen to lend a hand then turn up hope to have a bit of a ride too...!!!!!!!

Good build yesterday, got the grass off the sides at the bottom of Ressa, then hit the scrub round the lower dirt jumps, all set for Monday to finish slashing in there and rake it up.. should be pretty good in there, will cut a set of steps into the hill as a walk up path for the drop into the hip landing, will look at doubling up the 4th jump as a left and right line onto the pad, will get a digger into there to scrape all the top off and get us some nice piles in there for shaping, will also use this as practice for building Jump Track later on...
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 7/Dec/12 6:10am

Build this Saturday will be along Lower Taniwha and mid Ressa, clearing up the scrub I cut down on Monday, should be fine weather so hope to get a ride in...! 3pm prob meat at the big berm area..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 14/Dec/12 10:15pm

Build tomorrow, round ressa... clear up to the middle.... only Black track left... then onto berm jump rebuilds...! can't wait.. 3pm
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 22/Dec/12 7:54am

Build today, will look to finish clearing the sides of Ressa... and then finish the clearing of the exit of Roller Coaster (started this the other day after work just making it a bit more visable for the people driving up the road or walking, also gives the riders a good view) and then have a good ride too, 3pm start..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 28/Dec/12 8:21am

Build tomorrow, 3pm... not sure what we are doing.. :)

Ended up doing some runs and DJ's had some drinks, took some photos and Vids... Good times for the end of the Year..!!! Bring on 2013 and more building.!
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-18h43m31s154.png
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-18h47m40s146.png
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-18h48m15s218.png
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-18h49m42s65.png
vlcsnap-2012-12-29-18h51m49s74.png
GOPR0085.JPG
GOPR0103.JPG
Last edited by The_Quinsta on Wed 2/Jan/13 9:01am, edited 2 times in total.
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 2/Jan/13 8:52am

Build will be this Friday, most of the day , anywhere from 10:30 am thru till 7 or 8 when ever we give up...!!, will look to clear on Ressa, Black track and the chute.there will be some tree pruning going on, ( keeps getting in the way of my gopro..!) ) and also lots of rides too..! Bring tools Bike, Food and Lots of water.. :) :) :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 10/Jan/13 7:09pm

Build tomorrow arvo, away this saturday so going up after work , be there from half 4 onwards

Good little build today, just refacing the small jump line. After having dug the 2-3 inchs of silt out of the first and removed the 4 layers of carpet the front looked very high, the 2nd jump has a lack of landing slope and made the 3rd hard to hit on target, cleared this up thou works like a charm. have carpeted all of the faces and some of the landings giving the faces a bit more of a square lip, also going to clear out the exit and build 1 last jump and berm should be good..!
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 18/Jan/13 6:15am

Saturdays build , looking to carry on with clearing, will mow Black track and cut down some more gorse between BT and Lower Taniwha, also have some signs to put in :thumbsup:3 pm

Good build, got the Dog Pound area a bit more cleared, starting to look real good now, filled a bit more in on the landing of the second jump, makes the transition so much better.. Mowed around the entry of Lower taniwha, and a bit of black track ..! will look to hit this area in my holidays..! probably look at working on the Big dirt jumps too, facing and re-lipping them hit the big line today and cleared all of them for the first time ever so pretty stoked..! pretty dry up there thou..! need some good steady drizzle for a day or 2 :(
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 16/Feb/13 8:30am

Back to normal after the Holidays, building today around Black track, wanting to level between BT and Lower T.. ready for spraying..!
ride afterwards, might look at the 2nd big line DJ lip too! see how the first one is holding up
3pm
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 23/Feb/13 8:47am

Build on Lower Taniwha and Black Track again today, starting to look nice thru there now with the scrub gone, bring a spray pack, or a rake! 3pm
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Trail Building | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts