Re: Whangarei Rides

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 28/Aug/10 6:51pm

Photos from today
Quinsta Tuna's Tail.jpg
Tylers 1st photo ... not too bad for 6 yrs old....
Quinsta Tuna's Tail 2.jpg
Freshman Tuna's Tail.jpg
MB riding the high berm...lol
Quinsta Tuna's Tail 3.jpg
Freshman Tuna's Tail 2.jpg
POD -worthy...... so stoked with this one looks mint as i reakon
Quinsta Tuna's Tail 4.jpg
Pity the sun wasnt just a bit too the left.. nice photo thou MB
Quinsta Tuna's Tail 5.jpg
Damn sun again
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby hude on Mon 30/Aug/10 7:45am

Hi guys,

Sorry I didnt make the hill on Saturday,
To many jobs to get sorted before the builder comes next week.

In NP next weekend so be back on the 11th.
hude
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 3/Sep/10 7:05am

Sweet as Hudeman
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby thorg on Fri 3/Sep/10 7:27am

looking good - are those natives I can see emerging through the gorse :eh:
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 3/Sep/10 5:11pm

Gorse?????? where..... yeah they are slowly coming thru....the pines furhter down by Lower Taniwha are over head height now.... but the gorse is everywhere...... i wish i could just spray and walk away
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 5/Sep/10 9:30am

Ride photos from yesterday
Aaron Tuna's tail.jpg
Aaron Tuna's tail 2.jpg
Tim Black track.jpg
Tim Tuna's tail 2.jpg
Tim Tuna's tail 3.jpg
Tim Tuna's tail 4.jpg
Tim Tuna's tail 5.jpg
Quinsta Tuna'sTail 6.jpg
Quinsta Tuna'sTail 7.jpg
Tim Tuna's tail.jpg
SDC10448.JPG
just noticed this one , bad photo but look at the tyre straining underneath the weight of my fat ass...hahah
The_Quinsta

Postby iride2 on Wed 8/Sep/10 5:46pm

hey guys the trails and rides look awsome. Im in dargaville and am keen to come over and ride. Maybe join the club.
Where are the best tracks and how do i get to them?
Cheers
Brook
iride2
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 8/Sep/10 6:48pm

hey Brook , yiou must have been the guy Kev was talking to me about, All the tracks on Parahaki at the moment are pretty good and we ahve more out at Glenbervie forest if you keen to head out there, we build/ride on Saturdays 3pm on and you can get to the trails via Abbey Caves Road there is a carpark there too, I tried to map it for you but it wont allow me to post it but goto google maps and type dargaville to abbey caves road and it should map it pretty well for you any other questions just ask.. :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby skids07 on Wed 15/Sep/10 8:20pm

Wow guys, just want to shout out your great work you've done up there at Parahaki. I live in Brisbane now but it was great to ride some bloody fun trails when I was back home. I cant wait to to hit them up in Feb next year and ride the new stuff, stoaked !!! Can you shuttle up the gravel road or do the trails link up from the top by Mt Parahaki lookout? Anyways just wanted to show my appreciation for all the hard work you guys put in. Take it easy Sydney :crazy:
skids07
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 15/Sep/10 8:38pm

Hey SYdney, good to hear mate pity i didnt get to catch you up for a ride , give us a heads up , we can do shuttles up there but only 2 people have a key, but on the rigfht day we can do some... glad you liked what we have been doing its pretty hard slog at the moment but we are getting there, by Feb you should be able to see some more changes ... :thumbsup: Keep in touch
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 2/Oct/10 6:25pm

Good ride today got to session the new Hip for Black Track..
SDC10523.jpg
SDC10526.jpg
SDC10528.jpg
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 9/Oct/10 9:16pm

Filim from todays build and ride, bit rusty on the helmet cam but i have mangaed to get the height a lot better, the track is rough so the head wants to move but you get the general idea
The_Quinsta

Postby skids07 on Tue 12/Oct/10 8:37pm

Hey Guys awesome work going on over there. I love seeing your up dates and pics/movies, makes my day knowing what I'll get to ride when im back home for my holiday. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing what is posted next. :o
skids07
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 13/Oct/10 5:24pm

skids07 wrote:Hey Guys awesome work going on over there. I love seeing your up dates and pics/movies, makes my day knowing what I'll get to ride when im back home for my holiday. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing what is posted next. :o

Cheers Sydney, Yeah the Build Crew and i are trying to get the trails up and going as much as possible for summer, have been looking at a possible 150 - 200 jump track on one of the hills :o and also we will be looking into our first full north shore track which will include seesaws and jumps / drops etc etc , so keep in touch and i hope to see you over here sometime.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 16/Oct/10 8:06pm

Ugh i need to get my Video converter and editing programs sorted so there is some over filming going on but oh well..
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Brett on Tuna's Tail
Viewed 452 times -
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Hudeman on Black Track
Viewed 439 times -
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts