Re: Whangarei Rides

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 27/Jul/09 5:02pm

pretty sure thats "mickscrazy" havent seen him up there for a while mint vid thou
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 2/Aug/09 4:09pm

for the rest of the build today we had some sessioning going on, pity we didn't have more up there, Sorin got a ride in on my bike thou, might have to start locking my garage eh Sorr :sneaky:
Brap brap.jpg
feeling more comfortable with this section, just need some berm work to make the exit nice and smooth....and more drainage
Quinsta in the Berm.jpg
Flatty ....
Sorin on my Bike.jpg
Sorins first drop attempt on my bike .... loving it
Brett & Quinsta.jpg
traillin brett man was i close, seemed closer than it looks
Flying.jpg
Haven't been on ressurection for a while need some attention once we have finished with Tuna and Taniwha.. bring on summer thou......loving the grass coming thru too
Compression Plus.jpg
i thought i hit fairly hard but holy crap ....... not so Meanbox.......may lower the flat area to re ramp the landing or even raise the ramp up a 4x2.
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby heathen on Wed 5/Aug/09 12:05pm

what the best way to get to the trails? thinking about a road trip shortly..
heathen
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby mrFOES on Wed 5/Aug/09 2:31pm

track is looking good!!! nice pics :D:D seem to have a bit of good weather?
mrFOES
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Wed 5/Aug/09 8:54pm

heathen wrote:what the best way to get to the trails? thinking about a road trip shortly..

probably got the Carpark on Abbey Caves Road (googlemap it) and push up the main logging road, nothing is signposted yet ( working on it) but you will be able to see most of the trails most start or stop on the intersections ( DH/freeride trails) dirt jump pads are pretty open and in view, make sure it has been dry a couple of days before (post up in this forum i will let you know) trails are clay and well it explains itself, we have a trail map on here which is simple and old but probably useful to you if you print it out!!

happy Trails
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 9/Aug/09 11:53am

had a bit of a session after the build today, saw some guys from Canberra over here for a bit of a blast, Tuna's tail still needs smoothing but was bloody fast when i went down it, so its on the way up...got a feel for the bypass of the stepdown seems to be quite good so we will be into the multiberms over the next couple of weeks and then smooth out the exit ramp and lower section of the trail..gonna be awesome :thumbsup:
Hude landing at Dogpound Drop.jpg
Hussling.jpg
Quinsta in the fly got the wrong line thou and went thru the gorse ont hte left hahaha
Sorin on bypass.jpg
RB's while the crew Watch on.jpg
RB's rolling in backside 540.jpg
One of the guys from aussie.jpg
Other guy from aussie.jpg
Quinsta and RB's Pushing.jpg
Hude pushing hard.jpg
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sun 9/Aug/09 2:25pm

good photos :) :) :)
he must be a pro the person who took those :love:
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 8/Sep/09 6:23pm

Muahahahahah Gorse Challenge is right!!! :sly:

A little something thats helping get the word around for the Haki Bike park, sounds like it went well and everbody had a good time... Good Effort Steve and Kevin :)
the trail incorporated most of the XC trail loop but also had a bit of DH in there thru the Ressurectiuon trail which had ramps added to the drops to make it all safe.. and there was also a DH race that was held on Vendetta , i believe......Well Done All
Haki Bike Race.jpg
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 7/Feb/10 11:34am

Photos from todays session around Roller Coaster and the Motorway....
Funky Monk.jpg
Matt was the only one of us who didn't crash today
Funky Monk2.jpg
Myles.jpg
Myles heading for the Pines
Myles 2.jpg
Myles in the pines
Quinsta2.jpg
Me on the Rollercoaster drop
Quinsta3.jpg
Washout on the motorway berm, flicked the bike too much and the front trye went out of the berm and then came back in bike hit Sorin who was taking the Photo
Bruise.jpg
the worst of the three injuries, and
The_Quinsta

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sun 7/Feb/10 2:24pm

im getting the hang of your camera dan, acually got u in fine form 2day hahaha, if u look at the in-mid-air-going-over-the-bars shot it looks like it was bar end or brake lever that gave you the goods to the hairy chest :crazy: . Was pretty full on when i had ur red race machine flying at me though ahhhhhh the joys of ridin, cant wait to get cast off!!! :satan:
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby madpete on Sun 7/Feb/10 7:49pm

o for awesome dan!!! that must the best "power crash" photo i have seen in a long time....look at the rooster tale of dirt, looks bloody awesome!

was it the handle bars in the guts that gave you that "Slash of Zoro" mark?
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 7/Feb/10 8:10pm

certainly was Pete, thought i had some internals driving home.... hahahahha but i was ok :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby funky_monk on Wed 10/Feb/10 9:25pm

went for a ride on the haki this arvo got my first flaty after 7 years of riding :hmmm: . I did the chute track for the first time what a rush :satan: man you can get some speed it could do with a hair cut the gorse has just about taken over i think thats were i got the the flatty :blush:
funky_monk
"all work and no play make jack a dull boy"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby throw sum RBs on it on Sat 13/Feb/10 8:19pm

Ahhhhh gud ol flattys lol, wot tube u running?? i use to use standard but now heavy duty (3x thicker thorn ones) and have had no probs.
Yea chute was gettin bit long last time me and Dan where there, bottom section needs a lil bita smoothning if i remember correctly :paranoid:
throw sum RBs on it
"R.I.P INTENSE Your seatless adventures will be missed!!"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby funky_monk on Sat 13/Feb/10 9:26pm

yeh I got sick of lugging around the heavy duty tubes and double ply tires i thought i would try a light weight tube and single ply tires it took about 1kg of but yeh a lot more prone to flats might try light tubes and double ply tires. yeh bottom of the chute needs a bit of tlc :satan:
funky_monk
"all work and no play make jack a dull boy"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Clubs | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts