Re: Whangarei Rides

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 12/Jul/09 7:51am

Well Woodhill was awesome depsite the rain the tracks were mean , shitloads of grip in the corners even when they were full of water, we were pretty much the only people who were there all day...hahahahaha

Hit Big Mumma, finally, just had a look and went for it, very very nice jump.....even manage the "look" sideways for the camera...Noice.
Got both Hude and Sorin to hit the Cookie 2 jump and drop , loving it , good one guys..
Josh obviously had not ridden for 8 months but after a run on Raceface and some sessioning on down hill into jump at the top of Big Mumma ( right next to the North shore which ends in the teeter totter) he was straight into it , awesome effort Josh

I managed to break my chain, Josh broke his shifter, Sorin found out after 10 mins of rinfing that his brake calipers were loose, and Hudes bike made a farting noise every time he compressed the bike under load..... hahahaha otherwise a mint trip all in all..hoping to get some vid's and photos up once we can get them out of Josh's Camera
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby madpete on Mon 13/Jul/09 7:32pm

damn i'm pissed off...you guys managed to get a ride in on the weekend.

pictures!!!!!!!!
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:05am

and got the ride in , in the rain, hahahaha hopefully in the next couple of days for photos, josh is taking the camera up to HN to get them onto disk, cause he didnt bring his cables

:thumbsup: seemed to have issuees with the camera not focusing on the moving object making the rider blur, so we got some movies and hopefully be able to take good photos out of those
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby mrFOES on Thu 16/Jul/09 3:26pm

Quinsta on Big Mumma!! Finally the proof!!!! :p :p

I have never had that blurry problem before, I found out that the ISO sensitivity could have been abit higher and it would have been clearer, although doing this lessons the quality of the picture. The low light didn't help.... :hmmm:
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER] [CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
[CLICK TO LAUNCH VID PLAYER]
Quinsta on Big Mumma!
Viewed 743 times -
mrFOES
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby mrFOES on Thu 16/Jul/09 3:50pm

Some pics from Woodhill
sorin1.jpg
quinsta1.jpg
sorin2.jpg
quinsta2.jpg
quinsta3.jpg
sorin3.jpg
hude1.jpg
mrFOES

Postby mrFOES on Thu 16/Jul/09 3:51pm

All these pictures makes me want to goto woodhill NOW!! Can't wait to go again!!! :p :p
mrFOES

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 16/Jul/09 5:28pm

Awesome josh, yeah might try the video cam next time , will get a bigger battery and widescreen lens for it... mean thou , how bout the Look sideways meanbox eh Dave....mint day thou :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Fri 17/Jul/09 1:55pm

looks like you guys had a good time down there. whens the next trip down there ? :) :) :)
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby hude on Fri 17/Jul/09 5:08pm

Smile for the camera Mr quinsta!
Nice pics. See yuo for diigging on Sunday as usual?
hude
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby madpete on Fri 17/Jul/09 5:31pm

you suck dan :alien: ,...wheres the leg out riding style huh...nah all good. nothing to it is there!!!
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 17/Jul/09 5:34pm

hude wrote:Smile for the camera Mr quinsta!
Nice pics. See yuo for diigging on Sunday as usual?

If it rains much more might go lclear out the new section next to the step down , may need thick gloves the gorse should be pretty dead thou its been a month
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Fri 17/Jul/09 5:38pm

madpete wrote:you suck dan :alien: ,...wheres the leg out riding style huh...nah all good. nothing to it is there!!!

blow me peter....... yeah nah the drop up the haki prepared me well, just had a look at it and then hammered it. the sand was wet as in the berms so it held nicely, was struggling to get into the berm thou, dunno if it was the speed or just where i was looking but out of 10 jumps i went off the side 8 of them hahahaha......easy peasy was trying to get Sorin to do it , both him and paul were where i was at last time. Paul said fuk should have just gone into it instead of sussing it out so many times
The_Quinsta

Postby dirtjumper08 on Sat 18/Jul/09 11:05am

who is the guy in the red jacket ?
dirtjumper08
"if your looking for me at any time ill be at home on the computer playing ocean cruise!!!!!!!!!"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 18/Jul/09 11:29am

dirtjumper08 wrote:who is the guy in the red jacket ?

the Hude man!!!
The_Quinsta

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Mon 27/Jul/09 3:30pm

Nice one, whoever this is:

E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Clubs | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts