Re: West Coast Mining Incident

Postby Fraser on Sat 15/Jan/11 8:41pm

My money is on them doing an accountants search and rescue plan. Sealing the shaft, leaving the bodies there and putting a plaque on front. The recievers then reopen the mine to access potential revenue that is sitting down there.
This will also put an end to any further investigation or answers to responsibility for who is at fault. Allowing reduced costs to operators of the mine.
Fraser
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 15/Jan/11 8:44pm

I think you should buy the mine.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Fraser on Sun 16/Jan/11 5:59am

Hopefully the Ling Phthalates Fish processing and Minerals Corporation will step in so everyone can blame Chinese overlords and their lack of moral ethics, rather than a local.
Fraser
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Sickman on Sat 29/Jan/11 5:23am

Do not know if this made the news in NZ since it is similar to Pike. I only heard since I work in the industry

'BOGOTA, Colombia — An explosion likely caused by a methane gas buildup ripped through an underground coal mine in Colombia during a shift change Wednesday, killing 21 workers, officials said. A similar fatal blast occurred at the same mine four years ago. ...'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41271680/ns/world_news-americas/
Sickman
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 29/Jan/11 8:51am

Sickman wrote:Do not know if this made the news in NZ since it is similar to Pike. I only heard since I work in the industry

'BOGOTA, Colombia — An explosion likely caused by a methane gas buildup ripped through an underground coal mine in Colombia during a shift change Wednesday, killing 21 workers, officials said. A similar fatal blast occurred at the same mine four years ago. ...'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41271680/ns/world_news-americas/
It's not the same at all because 100 human lives in the third world = a celebrity's broken fingernail, or a fluffy animal story. And in the third world they don't have mine safety, like we do in New Zeal... oh... :o
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions | West Coast | Westport - Latest Posts