Calendar Event: November 7, 2007

Postby Natral on Wed 7/Nov/07 6:48am

MINT DAY!! See you at brekky after a Wild Wellington reccy :)
Natral
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby VERT on Wed 7/Nov/07 9:32am

Breakfast was yum :)
VERT

Postby psychavoc on Wed 7/Nov/07 11:44am

psychavoc wrote:But chances are I'll be a lot less motivated tomorrow morning and will miss breakfast entirely because my ride will go on too late :(

Yeah.. that's what happened :(
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Wed 7/Nov/07 11:45am

psychavoc wrote:
psychavoc wrote:But chances are I'll be a lot less motivated tomorrow morning and will miss breakfast entirely because my ride will go on too late :(

Yeah.. that's what happened :(

:lol:
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby psychavoc on Wed 7/Nov/07 11:48am

I was trying to find an easy way up to Uni from Lyall Bay, having ridden around the Bays from Oriental (instead of heading up Happy Valley/Ohiro/Aro Valley to Uni) and ended up through the Mt Vic tunnel, around the silly basin, and straight through the middle of town instead :0

Contemplated stopping in the Square when I rode past around 8am but knew I probably wouldn't get the rest of my ride in if I stopped and chatted and ate :blush:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby hickie on Wed 7/Nov/07 11:52am

I wondered why the bike cage at work was full of bikes that look like they don't get ridden much this morning.
hickie
"I've got a singletrack mind..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby sifter on Wed 7/Nov/07 11:57am

psychavoc wrote: I was trying to find an easy way up to Uni from Lyall Bay, having ridden around the Bays from Oriental (instead of heading up Happy Valley/Ohiro/Aro Valley to Uni) and ended up through the Mt Vic tunnel, around the silly basin, and straight through the middle of town instead :0

Contemplated stopping in the Square when I rode past around 8am but knew I probably wouldn't get the rest of my ride in if I stopped and chatted and ate :blush:

I can't believe Transit got a CAN award for the Basin cycle paths...

My old commute route from the Eastern Suburbs was over Crawford Road/Constable St into Newtown, then past Polytech, then up Able Smith, and through Te Aro School and the SU carpark with a bike carry up the stairs past the gym. Pretty narrow and busy roads, but the traffic's not moving too fast, and the route's direct.
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby hickie on Wed 7/Nov/07 12:29pm

In relation to the Basin cycle lane, where do cyclists go when there is an event on at the Basin, or do people with a bike get in free :ib:
hickie
"I've got a singletrack mind..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Natral on Wed 7/Nov/07 3:55pm

There were some cool old bikes there today...
DSC00039.JPG
Natral

Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | News | Urban + Park (MTB) - Latest Posts