Wellington Chainsaw Course. Who's Keen?

Postby White-Lightning on Sat 21/Nov/09 5:47pm

Hi Guys
I am looking at running a chainsaw course in the Wellington area on the 5/6th of December. This is being run by the National Trade Academy (NTA) and they are sending somebody up to us at a cost of 300 dollars all up. this means the more people we can get the cheaper it will be. Ideally we would get at least 10 people so the cost would only be 30 bucks per-person. At the moment there are only 3 confirmed people and we need at least 7 for the instructor to come up here so If anyone is interested can you please PM me asap as I need as many of you guys as possible to get a hold of me by Sunday night/monday morning.

The course covers the NZQA criteria of:

Demonstrate knowledge of the Code of practice relating to chainsaw use 6916

Operate a chainsaw 6917

so to all you high-school fellas this = easy credits.

I'm not sure on the age cut-off but Id imagine anybody 16 and up should be fine.

This course is perfect for people looking to do the trailbuilding courses that are being held by Jeff Carter and co.

The course will possibly be held in Pauatahanui with riding opportunities on the jumps/slalom track afterward :) . to see what the look like just check out the cable cam vid which can be found here:

cable-cam-jumps-t101909.html?hilit=cable%20cam

any questions please ask.
chur

also. sorry if this is the second time this post has appeared. I don't think the first one worked.
Last edited by White-Lightning on Sat 21/Nov/09 6:16pm, edited 2 times in total.
White-Lightning
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Chainsaw Course. Who's Keen?

Postby happybaboon on Sat 21/Nov/09 5:53pm

Shit EVERYTHING counts towards NCEA these days :lol:
(Not to discredit your course. Sounds like a good idea, chainsaws are difficult to master... :huh: )
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Re: Wellington Chainsaw Course. Who's Keen?

Postby White-Lightning on Sun 22/Nov/09 9:41am

bump :) .
White-Lightning

Postby klxracer on Sun 22/Nov/09 5:56pm

If the course extends to including DIY types who use a chainsaw around the section, knowing full well that it could try to de-limb me at any moment, then I'd be keen - anything to become a better chainsaw'erer ' chainsawist.
klxracer
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby White-Lightning on Sun 22/Nov/09 7:46pm

klxracer wrote:If the course extends to including DIY types who use a chainsaw around the section, knowing full well that it could try to de-limb me at any moment, then I'd be keen - anything to become a better chainsaw'erer ' chainsawist.

Yep for sure, The course gives you an introduction on how to safely and effectively operate a chainsaw, some of the guys going are just there to learn how to use one so (like me) you should be fine. If you are still keen then just PM me your name and birthdate etc and we'll be away.

Also quick note, we still need LOTS of people so please let me know if you are interested!
White-Lightning

Postby White-Lightning on Mon 23/Nov/09 12:35pm

Deadline has been extended till tonight/tomorrow morning so PM me if your keen!
White-Lightning

Postby big_d on Mon 23/Nov/09 8:30pm

Count me in Bryn :)
big_d
"GIGAAANNNNNNTOOR!"
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Postby White-Lightning on Mon 23/Nov/09 10:13pm

we now have seven people signed up so from now on for every extra person that joins now the price decreases! so PM me your details if your still interested!
White-Lightning

Postby tel on Fri 31/Aug/12 1:49pm

hi there
did you run this course adn will you be running another? I'm keen to do a chainsaw course and this came up top in the Google search. It will be for home use ie cutting firewood and maintaining the saw etc.

thanks
tel
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Long Gully | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Wellington | Wellington MTB Club | Wellington Region - Latest Posts