Re: Weight Loss

Postby bigJIMMY on Wed 12/Aug/09 9:13am

I HAVE COME UP WITH THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS SYSTEM!

Find your local mtb club and start building trails.

there is nothing like walking/riding up some giant hill to your trail, gorse grubbing, benching all day long

then riding home.

easy, fuck the gym work outs, go do something that is productive.
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 12/Aug/09 9:16am

i'm keen on a bit of that.... gotta pawn off the spawn of shmoo tho
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby bigJIMMY on Wed 12/Aug/09 1:03pm

play the "i need some excercise and some manual work to keep me sane or i'm going to explode" ??

worked for me, but then again, i got no sprogs
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Postby ArjanH on Wed 12/Aug/09 5:19pm

bigJIMMY wrote:play the "i need some excercise and some manual work to keep me sane or i'm going to explode" ??

Jugging by your avatar I find that hard to believe ... good looking fellow that you are
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby harryescott on Wed 12/Aug/09 5:57pm

So much can be said...weight loss, diets life style changes are all fine, but the biggest problem is MOTIVATION and that’s it. So why not join up with a mate or someone from here...it's all the motivation you need!
I have spent all my life with this fitness thing (fitness consultant for 16years)....and I even find it hard and need motivation and believe me I have done some crazy stuff 100km runs, 24hr races even a world record for skipping(jump rope) a marathon.
So what can I do for you?
First thing.......If your in CHCH I will meet up with you and spend an hour or two with you for a couple of weeks ....
Now I do charge but will give the sessions FREE if you give a few $$$$$$ to charity: kiddie’s cancer at Christchurch Haematology and Oncology Centre. So no excuse to get bidding! As we all have lives and stuff I will offer three one...ish hour sessions for two different people (thats four of you)....shall we play highest bid wins....this is worth
$300.00 per pair.......

let's start with $15.00 dolla.....each one...

Now a couple of kids I train for boxing, road short bays last week for the same charity. Here is the link for it.
http://shar.es/8Toc

my web site is: http://www.fit-tec.co.nz

Start bidding on here? or any ideas would be good and lets say finish fri night at 10pm........
harryescott
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby ArjanH on Wed 12/Aug/09 6:41pm

I would take you up on that offer but I'm in Rotorua.
Thanks for the offer though ... I am sure you will find some takers here.
ArjanH

Postby pedalingkiwi on Wed 12/Aug/09 8:56pm

harryescott wrote:So much can be said...weight loss, diets life style changes are all fine, but the biggest problem is MOTIVATION and that’s it. So why not join up with a mate or someone from here...it's all the motivation you need!
I have spent all my life with this fitness thing (fitness consultant for 16years)....and I even find it hard and need motivation and believe me I have done some crazy stuff 100km runs, 24hr races even a world record for skipping(jump rope) a marathon.
So what can I do for you?
First thing.......If your in CHCH I will meet up with you and spend an hour or two with you for a couple of weeks ....
Now I do charge but will give the sessions FREE if you give a few $$$$$$ to charity: kiddie’s cancer at Christchurch Haematology and Oncology Centre. So no excuse to get bidding! As we all have lives and stuff I will offer three one...ish hour sessions for two different people (thats four of you)....shall we play highest bid wins....this is worth
$300.00 per pair.......

let's start with $15.00 dolla.....each one...

Now a couple of kids I train for boxing, road short bays last week for the same charity. Here is the link for it.
http://shar.es/8Toc

my web site is: http://www.fit-tec.co.nz

Start bidding on here? or any ideas would be good and lets say finish fri night at 10pm........

I don't have a need-to-lose-weight problem as such but keep telling myself that climbing hills would be easier with say 5kg less around the tum (and way cheaper than lots of lightweight bike bling) - currently have a gym membership to up the fitness & strength before summer.

Would be interested in some motivation (and know 2 others who would be keen too), plus have a desire to help CHOC & it's patients (as a parent frequented the place through first half of 08 - they are a bloody marvellous service)

SO ........ I'll bid $15 pp to get this started :)
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Monolith on Wed 12/Aug/09 9:07pm

pedalingkiwi wrote:I don't have a need-to-lose-weight problem as such but keep telling myself that climbing hills would be easier with say 5kg less around the tum

I'm in the same boat... more in that "If I'm 74kg now and do OK, I'd do better at 69kg" reasoning. I realise I'd lose a bit of power (probably) but would lose proportionally more weight. A week of celery/cabbage soup with only apples/pears/oranges dumped a kilo easily, but I don't fancy doing that 5 times while still training. I find it hard though, cos I see the people winning races are 5"11 and 65kg :huh:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 12/Aug/09 9:11pm

Monolith wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:I don't have a need-to-lose-weight problem as such but keep telling myself that climbing hills would be easier with say 5kg less around the tum

I'm in the same boat... more in that "If I'm 74kg now and do OK, I'd do better at 69kg" reasoning. I realise I'd lose a bit of power (probably) but would lose proportionally more weight. A week of celery/cabbage soup with only apples/pears/oranges dumped a kilo easily, but I don't fancy doing that 5 times while still training. I find it hard though, cos I see the people winning races are 5"11 and 65kg :huh:

most of those other racers have been doing for a little bit longer than you, so I wonder if they have had that extra time to slowly eek their weight down to a minimum
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Thu 13/Aug/09 5:47am

ArjanH wrote:
bigJIMMY wrote:play the "i need some excercise and some manual work to keep me sane or i'm going to explode" ??

Jugging by your avatar I find that hard to believe ... good looking fellow that you are

judging by your avatar, you got bigger problems than weight loss. you need to stop poking your tongue out so much to start with!
bigJIMMY

Postby ArjanH on Thu 13/Aug/09 6:11am

bigJIMMY wrote:
ArjanH wrote:

judging by your avatar, you got bigger problems than weight loss. you need to stop poking your tongue out so much to start with!

:D :D :D
ArjanH

Postby ArjanH on Wed 2/Dec/09 6:22am

There is nothing complecated or difficult about it .... less calories in than out equals a loss in weight.
So eat less (or smarter), excersize more and you will loose weight.
Try this website.
http://weight-loss.co.nz/
ArjanH

Postby Spokes on Wed 2/Dec/09 6:27am

Spammers
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 2/Dec/09 6:42am

get a job as a cycle courier, i've lost 8 kg in 3 weeks and i'm eating like a horse
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Food | Health | Sifting - Latest Posts