Re: Weight Loss

Postby thorg on Fri 17/Jul/09 7:55am

ArjanH wrote:Cripes! ... lost a kilo already! 4 Days. Amazing!
I am seriously craving my snacks though.

On another note went for a ride in Whaka tonight, Talk about bog fest! Even Turkish delight was boggy, haven't seen that before.
A lot of bikes went through after rain on the weekend - that will have cut up the surface pretty bad. Will need both good weather and trail pixies to fix some of those corners before it will drain proper again. But an awesome trail - I liked lots :-D
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 17/Jul/09 8:18am

I had a diet blowout night last night. I went bowling with the work social club and ate lots of nibbles and stuff. I did pretty well to stay away from the booze though. It was not too bad.
I arrived in town a bit early, was hanging around courtney central and was hungry. Decided I would have some macca's, walked in the general direction, but when I got close enough to smell it thought to myself I just cant do this. This is pretty important to me as maccas was always my downfall.

Today is a great day. I am, for the first time in 20 years, wearing a T-Shirt size M. And it does not look like it is painted on!

So to all those others out there going through the snack starvation diet.....good on you....keepstrong....ridestrong....livestrong!!! (thanks Lance)
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby chchbob on Fri 17/Jul/09 8:46am

nzmatto wrote:
Today is a great day. I am, for the first time in 20 years, wearing a T-Shirt size M. And it does not look like it is painted on!

So to all those others out there going through the snack starvation diet.....good on you....keepstrong....ridestrong....livestrong!!! (thanks Lance)

Cool when that happens aye Matt .... I know what you mean about the smell of some food places as well, fish & chip shop just turn my stomach these days ....
chchbob
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 17/Jul/09 9:19am

jumped on scale at girlies this morning and have dropped 5kg since the the last time i was at the docs.

haven't ridden for a week tho so some of it will be muscle :(
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby sifter on Fri 17/Jul/09 9:21am

nzmatto wrote:I had a diet blowout night last night. I went bowling with the work social club and ate lots of nibbles and stuff. I did pretty well to stay away from the booze though. It was not too bad.
I arrived in town a bit early, was hanging around courtney central and was hungry. Decided I would have some macca's, walked in the general direction, but when I got close enough to smell it thought to myself I just cant do this. This is pretty important to me as maccas was always my downfall.

nice one Matt!
John
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby ArjanH on Fri 17/Jul/09 10:49am

nzmatto wrote:I had a diet blowout night last night. I went bowling with the work social club and ate lots of nibbles and stuff. I did pretty well to stay away from the booze though. It was not too bad.

Good one Lance!
I think last time I fit into an M shirt was when I was 12 LOL
I guess it doesn't help that I am 6 foot 1 and wide across the shoulders.
The macca's thing was an easy one for me ... I thought "if I get that I need to spend at least 1.5 hours on the bike tonight", it became a no brainer after that.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby ArjanH on Fri 17/Jul/09 5:43pm

thorg wrote:
ArjanH wrote:Cripes! ... lost a kilo already! 4 Days. Amazing!
I am seriously craving my snacks though.

On another note went for a ride in Whaka tonight, Talk about bog fest! Even Turkish delight was boggy, haven't seen that before.
A lot of bikes went through after rain on the weekend - that will have cut up the surface pretty bad. Will need both good weather and trail pixies to fix some of those corners before it will drain proper again. But an awesome trail - I liked lots :-D

Yeah .... I was trying hard not to lock the brakes so as not to add too much to the distruction. You have to hand it to the trail pixies though, they do some awesome work.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 17/Jul/09 6:58pm

I need to fix my diet and fiddle with my excercise again. Mine belly has expanded ever so slightly... Bit worrying 'cos I've continued training. Think I need to up the intensity - and a trip away, followed by a cold/flu with lingering respiratory effects doesn't help.

I'm thinking 1.5hr long rowing workouts might be what is required. And fiddle with the weight routine. And fix the diet. And less beer.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby nzmatto on Fri 17/Jul/09 8:52pm

happybaboon wrote:I need to fix my diet and fiddle with my excercise again. Mine belly has expanded ever so slightly... Bit worrying 'cos I've continued training. Think I need to up the intensity - and a trip away, followed by a cold/flu with lingering respiratory effects doesn't help.

I'm thinking 1.5hr long rowing workouts might be what is required. And fiddle with the weight routine. And fix the diet. And less beer.

Careful with the rowing workouts. When I was doing 1Hr plus ones I was putting on weight. It seems my expansive belly started moving up onto my chest and arms. The belly got smaller and I put on weight. It is fun though. Another dude I met whose lost heaps of weight recommends really long rides at an average pace. That sounds more like my style now. :)
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 17/Jul/09 9:28pm

nzmatto wrote:
happybaboon wrote:I need to fix my diet and fiddle with my excercise again. Mine belly has expanded ever so slightly... Bit worrying 'cos I've continued training. Think I need to up the intensity - and a trip away, followed by a cold/flu with lingering respiratory effects doesn't help.

Careful with the rowing workouts. When I was doing 1Hr plus ones I was putting on weight. It seems my expansive belly started moving up onto my chest and arms. The belly got smaller and I put on weight. It is fun though. Another dude I met whose lost heaps of weight recommends really long rides at an average pace. That sounds more like my style now. :)

Sounds like you're complaining about getting a muscular chest and arms and a tight midsection? :eh: :D

I did 1hr row just now, followed by half an hour on a crosstrainer. Should have burned at least a grand worth of the calories.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 18/Jul/09 6:40am

nzmatto wrote:

:blush: I need a rowing machine....he typed punily...
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 18/Jul/09 6:42am

:blush: punnily?
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 18/Jul/09 6:44am

:) Seneca - there theres a good philosoper.
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 18/Jul/09 6:48am

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote::) Seneca - there theres a good philosoper.

:blush: Doh, wrong thread...
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby RussS on Sat 18/Jul/09 8:43am

Damn FF- you get any sleep after the stage or are you still running on vino? :D
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Food | Health | Sifting - Latest Posts