Wanted: Commuter Bike In Dunedin

Postby sprecks on Fri 29/Jan/10 12:06pm

I just moved to Dunedin and am looking for a cheap, handy bike for my 10-15 min commute to uni. Nothing fancy, just something that will get me from A to B, and doesn't need too much work to get it rideable. For frame size, I'm a 5'5" girl.

Incredibly I have managed to find myself a place without any hill climbs for the commute but will probably be doing a few longer rides on the weekends down the peninsula, along the Rail Trail etc. so a few gears would be handy but I won't be doing any real rough riding.

Anyone in the area know of a good place to find second hand bikes and parts? Looks like most of the shops in town just sell new.

Thanks!
sprecks
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Re: Wanted: Commuter Bike In Dunedin

Postby psychavoc on Fri 29/Jan/10 2:13pm

Your best bet would probably be Trade Me down here. Alternatively, you could put a post up on the Mountainbiking Otago website.

If you're into mountainbiking, check out the weekly womens MTB rides - details for each week's rides are posted in the Womens Rides forum on the MBO website =} http://www.mountainbikingotago.co.nz/ht ... hp?forum=9
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Classifieds | Lower South Island | New Zealand | Otago | Regions - Latest Posts