Want To Swap A 120mm 26" Sid For 130 - 140mm Fork

Postby dwgknz on Wed 8th Feb 10:05am

I've currently got a 2013 26" Solo-Air 120mm SID XX 1 1/8 and 15x100 that's recently had a service and oil change (but seals were fine and not changed).

I'm looking to put something a big bigger on the Handjob without spending any money.

After something up to 5 years old.

Anyone got anything they want to swap?
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Want To Swap A 120mm 26" Sid For 130 - 140mm Fork

Postby Philthy on Sat 18th Feb 9:30pm

Might be outside of what you're looking for but I have a Pace RC40 that I could be keen to swap. 130mm with travel adjust. 1 1/8. QR unfortunately but prob still stiffer than the SIDs. Looks heaps cooler, would def be better on the Handy. Has had very little use.
I had a Handjob with a Manitou Minute 130mm fork, and it was a perfect combo but i found 130mm was too much sometimes so the adjustable travel was ideal, it really transformed the bike.
Loved that bike, wish I never sold it but it was a M and I really needed a L.
Philthy
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Mon 20th Feb 2:16pm

Cheers but not sure I could go back to QR. Used my last set of QRs wheel on my wife's bike anyway.
dwgknz

Postby dragon_style on Tue 7th Mar 9:43am

I have a Manitou Minute in almost unused condition, 130mm travel from memory, good long steerer, would be lovely on a Handjob (I used to have a Reba on mine, Pike was a bit much). Is QR but I have a DT Swiss 9mm solid QR so if you have a Hope hub or the like you can just get 9mm endcaps. I don't know how much difference you'd find between that and a 15mm but it's a big step up from a 9mm QR.
dragon_style
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby dwgknz on Tue 14th Mar 11:51am

Sorry about the delay Richard, not been checking the classifieds.

Cheers but not really what I'm after. The first fork I put on it was a Minute!

Haven't thought too much about this project for a bit. After it threw me off and made me sick I hung it in the garage in disgrace and haven't touched it since!
dwgknz

Classifieds - Latest Posts