Re: Waitakere Ranges Access

Postby Giantman on Sun 26/Apr/09 10:29am

Spokes wrote:Well now it looks like the ARC is going to go maybe we will get some movement on this.

im with briii hhahahhaahahahah, not with that sandra maggot still wasting oxygen
Giantman
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Deeboy on Mon 27/Apr/09 2:16pm

What it might do is delay the whole process a few years till after they get over spending a heap on money on our new "Lord" mayor, as if they need a title like that. He or she should be just given a boot up the arse & told to do your job, we don't need to hear from you (hint hint banks)
Deeboy
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby Giantman on Mon 27/Apr/09 6:43pm

if its delayed we might as well just go in there and start building what we want cause itll be such a messed up joke in the office that they wont know how to process our illegal trail building haha
Giantman

Postby Deeboy on Mon 27/Apr/09 11:17pm

Giantman wrote:if its delayed we might as well just go in there and start building what we want cause itll be such a messed up joke in the office that they wont know how to process our illegal trail building haha

SCORE...balance is restored amongst the Kaos
Deeboy
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby driver695 on Thu 7/Apr/11 2:23pm

So.....2 yrs later what's the story?

I've just moved up to AKLD and maybe locating out westwards.
driver695
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Giantman on Sat 9/Apr/11 2:57pm

got a sore head from bashing it on a brick wall.

im now forest liasons manager for AKDH so gota couple projects with the club but were still riding illegally out there and i hope to start pushing again soon with the club behind me.

Cheers
Giantman

Postby Giantman on Sat 9/Apr/11 2:57pm

got a sore head from bashing it on a brick wall.

im now forest liasons manager for AKDH so gota couple projects with the club but were still riding illegally out there and i hope to start pushing again soon with the club behind me.

Cheers
Giantman

Postby driver695 on Sat 9/Apr/11 3:44pm

Well best of luck :D
I'm not the biggest DH'r (looking forward to WC though) but will check out AKDH.
Thanks, Andy
driver695

Postby trancemaster on Sat 23/Apr/11 6:26pm

Giantman , the new council parks dept is having a workshop session with the park rangers, planners, and clubs about trail designs for those regional parks which have mtb areas now authorised in them. its in may , pm me, or get in touch with marke at ambc
trancemaster
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Butch on Thu 11/Apr/13 8:51pm

...gonna go ahead and give this a bump.

I'm moving north a the end of this year, and I'm curious if there has been any progress on this issue.

Is anyone pursuing it? If so, who, and how can I get in touch?

Chur. :)
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Giantman on Thu 11/Apr/13 9:20pm

hey man welcome to auckland, shit aint moving with council there useless so we just ride there and dont get caught if we do get caught we find some where else to shuttle, im president of Auckland Down hill, am also a Arborist with my own company and do work for council and i dont hide the fact i ride out there, i just dont care any more they wont listen to what we want so just take it.
Giantman

Postby driver695 on Thu 11/Apr/13 10:05pm

Sweet :)
driver695

Postby ricardohardo on Fri 8/Aug/14 1:44pm

Hey ...where did you get with this ? Update , does anyone know if council have moved forward with anything ? Proposed area etc?
ricardohardo
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby t6t8t6t8 on Thu 14/Aug/14 11:35am

The review of the Regional Park Management PLan is scheduled for 2020 at the earliest! So mtb will remain PROHIBITED in the Waitakeres for some time yet. Unless, Auckland Council can be convienced that an early review, of certain sections, is a good idea. With Sandy Coney no long the chair of the Hertiage and PArks committee there might be some light at the end of the tunnell. I mean, surely the odd paddock could be alocated to mtb!?! Cows have rights in the Waitakeres and mtbers don't! What would be great is an advocacy group focused on an early review and access for mtb! I'd be a starter.
t6t8t6t8
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Auckland Region | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Regions | Upper North Island | Waitakere City - Latest Posts