Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Tue 23/Feb/10 6:58pm

Slim wrote:
wuffy wrote:I'm able to ride again in 4 weeks, and curious (as i've got out of shape while casted), are there many climbs?



Nah, just a couple of nice single track climbs per lap.........



Well worth it for Boar's Nest and Slimline :love:

I'd enter but people might find it strange if I push back up Slimline for another run :paranoid:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby RHR_Rob on Tue 23/Feb/10 8:36pm

XCguy wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:always felt a bit short changed when i had to pay the same to do one lap less just cos i am too old.

So I guess then you'll be doing 5 laps this year to get your money's worth and make up for all those other years :sly:


of course, along with the warm up and warm down laps :)
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby XCwife on Sat 27/Feb/10 9:25pm

Two weeks to go! :thumbsup:
XCwife
User avatar
"sunny side up"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby XCguy on Mon 1/Mar/10 10:11pm

:) Helpers Needed :)

If you are racing in the morning and willing to marshal in the afternoon, or vice versa, or are bringing friends or family who could help us out, we would love to hear from you... xc@paradise.net.nz
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby kender on Mon 1/Mar/10 10:35pm

Check out the following link for more info on the Vulcaniser:

http://www.mountainbike.orconhosting.net.nz/
then click on vulcaniser down the left hand side.
Includes photo tour, video and altitude graph
kender
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby XCguy on Thu 4/Mar/10 9:41pm

We are pleased to announce that the main sponsor for the 2010 Vulcaniser is Cycle Surgery in Hoon Hay, Christchurch :thumbsup:

We are really grateful for Craig and his team for coming on board at such late notice.

cycle surgery logo.png
XCguy
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Re: Vulcaniser (sweet Race!) Saturday 13 March 2010

Postby Trail on Fri 5/Mar/10 8:44am

XCguy wrote:We are pleased to announce that the main sponsor for the 2010 Vulcaniser is Cycle Surgery in Hoon Hay, Christchurch :thumbsup:

We are really grateful for Craig and his team for coming on board at such late notice.

cycle surgery logo.png


Awesome!! I never realised that he stocked Tomac bikes, and Orbea :o

I also hear he will be stocking Marin and Kona soon, which is great to hear. Both are good brands that are lacking representation in Chch!!
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 5/Mar/10 9:42am

1st prize (or 2nd 3rd 4th wherever i come) in the 40-49 sport class is a new Tomac with full XTR Eh Craig....... hopefully the wheels will stay on.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby danose on Fri 5/Mar/10 2:58pm

RHR_Rob wrote:1st prize (or 2nd 3rd 4th wherever i come) in the 40-49 sport class is a new Tomac with full XTR Eh Craig....... hopefully the wheels will stay on.


what are YOU doing down in sport (3 laps) - looking for an easy burgle? :satan:

time to get xcguy to 'accidentally' bump you to elite (5 laps will do you good - or at least do you in good)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:00pm

danose wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:1st prize (or 2nd 3rd 4th wherever i come) in the 40-49 sport class is a new Tomac with full XTR Eh Craig....... hopefully the wheels will stay on.


what are YOU doing down in sport (3 laps) - looking for an easy burgle? :satan:

time to get xcguy to 'accidentally' bump you to elite (5 laps will do you good - or at least do you in good)


Well i have signed up for SUPER sport :-) but if its as hot as last year 3 laps will be plenty (or even 2) will negotiate with Craig to put MY bike in which ever catagory i decide to race :)
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby danose on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:04pm

RHR_Rob wrote:but if its as hot as last year 3 laps will be plenty (or even 2) will negotiate with Craig to put MY bike in which ever catagory i decide to race :)


you need to bribe some of the marshalls to hand you off icy cold bidons as you go past ;)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:18pm

danose wrote:
RHR_Rob wrote:but if its as hot as last year 3 laps will be plenty (or even 2) will negotiate with Craig to put MY bike in which ever catagory i decide to race :)


you need to bribe some of the marshalls to hand you off icy cold bidons as you go past ;)

or even push me up the hills :D

Just noticed a typo in my earlier post i decide to race should read decide to grovel round in.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby danose on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:25pm

RHR_Rob wrote:or even push me up the hills :D


but that would leave their post empty - which would be bad! So for safety's sake I think I'll have to send said marshall off to do a few laps on my behalf whilst I have a wee rest/lie down (if anyone does crash in boar's nest can they please do so NOISILY so I wake up!) :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan:

Just noticed a typo in my earlier post i decide to race should read decide to grovel round in.


maybe we should rename the 40+ category as 'old men who are going to regret this tomorrow' :)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby XCwife on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:29pm

danose wrote:maybe we should rename the 40+ category as 'old men who are going to regret this tomorrow' :)

That could be done :D
XCwife
User avatar
"sunny side up"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Re: Cycle Surgery Vulcaniser (sweet As!) Sat 13 March 2010

Postby danose on Fri 5/Mar/10 4:31pm

XCwife wrote:
danose wrote:maybe we should rename the 40+ category as 'old men who are going to regret this tomorrow' :)

That could be done :D


'winner' of said category will of course now win the title of 'man/woman who's going to MOST regret this tomorrow' :)

and DNF's will be relabelled 'CTTS' (came to their senses)
danose
User avatar
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | North Canterbury | Regions - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 55 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle