Re: Vorb On The Mobile

Postby Conners on Fri 18/Apr/14 12:59pm

psychavoc wrote:Woohoo! Much easier to use on my phone!

Just out of interest, what smart phones are people using where they struggle with the full site?
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 18/Apr/14 1:19pm

Conners wrote:
psychavoc wrote:Woohoo! Much easier to use on my phone!

Just out of interest, what smart phones are people using where they struggle with the full site?

My Nokia 800 struggles with the mobile site, but is fine on the full site, weird!
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby psychavoc on Fri 18/Apr/14 1:54pm

I'm on Galaxy S2 and it's only a struggle because I hate having to zoom in on the text on the full.site.
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"

Postby wachtourak on Fri 18/Apr/14 2:11pm

I prefer the full site on my phone, as in the mobile site any ads take up half my screen (galaxy s3) whereas on full site they don't. This isn't just a vorb thing though, I prefer full sites most of the time.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby psychavoc on Sat 19/Apr/14 7:25am

Also, I agree with the others that the name of the last poster (as well as time) would be handy. The total number of posts in a thread has never been info I've found useful. That number was actually confusing at first on mobile version as I thought it was referring to the last page and kept trying to click it. A way to return back to the forum last visited would be good too.
psychavoc

Postby Malcy on Sat 19/Apr/14 10:57am

Windows phone 8 thru Samsung Ativ-S

And full site is easier for me at the mo, but that's after only a quick glance at the new mobile site.

The wee arrow top left that lets you switch between Posts and News doesn't work for my phone but was perfect on the missus' android. Galaxy 3 mini. I am well used to that being a WP user though.

All good though, it's a good look the posts view, for sure! :-)
Malcy

Postby Malcy on Sat 19/Apr/14 11:22am

Is it possible to move the nav breadcrumb from the floating menu, to a fixed breadcrumb at the bottom of the page?
Malcy

Postby Conners on Sat 19/Apr/14 12:12pm

A 'next page' button at the bottom of each page would be handy too. Having to scroll back to the too and then tapping # feels a bit unintuative.

Or am I missing something?
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby Kev on Sat 19/Apr/14 5:28pm

The fixed menu bar at the bottom of the page has a # button which will have links to previous and next pages as well as the first and last 8 pages of the thread.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Conners on Sat 19/Apr/14 6:40pm

Oh I see!
And I also just noticed the floating top menu too - that covers everything I was bleating about then.

Oh not quite - is there a way to jump to the last unread post in a thread?
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby psychavoc on Sat 19/Apr/14 7:20pm

psychavoc wrote:Also, I agree with the others that the name of the last poster (as well as time) would be handy.

The powers that be have listened! :thumbsup:
psychavoc

Postby Kev on Tue 29/Apr/14 5:59pm

Clicking on the topic title in the posts list of the mobile site should now take you to the last unread post rather than first post in a topic.
Do remember that you have to be logged in on the mobile site as well as the main site for it to work.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby Conners on Wed 30/Apr/14 9:23pm

Nice one - cheers for taking that on board Kev
Conners
"Seeing Double"

Postby sifter on Thu 1/May/14 8:43am

Conners wrote:Nice one - cheers for taking that on board Kev

:withstupid: :)
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Thu 1/May/14 10:54am

Limit the power of auto-detect. Please.

I find my Xperia Z1 perfectly acceptable as a web consumption device* and generally prefer full sites over mobile ones (including the couple of dabbles I've had on m.vorb).

Some sites insist on taking me to mobile every time revisit, even if I am loading from a url cached in my browser from a previous visit to the full site. It is annoying having to reselect full site every effing time.

A couple of sites refuse to allow me the full strength goodness. cricinfo springs to mind. I stopped using that site on my phone and tended to visit less on the PC. I guess that is an own goal in terms of exposing me to their advertisers.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Cycling | News | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts