Re: Vorb Maintenance

Postby danose on Fri 22/Nov/13 3:58pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:They did this back around the turn of the century, I'm still not on speaking terms with the friends who abandoned standard HTML to follow the wicked path of Microsoft proprietary antistandard standards.

this whole html bollocks will never catch on anyway - I'm going back to gopher
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 22/Nov/13 6:33pm

danose wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote:They did this back around the turn of the century, I'm still not on speaking terms with the friends who abandoned standard HTML to follow the wicked path of Microsoft proprietary antistandard standards.

this whole html bollocks will never catch on anyway - I'm going back to gopher

Gopher is too complicated. If the local library is insufficient I write away for a catalogue from an information supplier. After that I just sent a cheque and state what info is required, and they post a print of it directly to my home letterbox as soon as the cheque clears. Luxury!
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby Kev on Sun 24/Nov/13 9:37am

Perhaps if we all stopped reminiscing about the joys of Gopher, dial-up BBS' and mail order catalogues we might notice that text highlighting should now work in Chrome. You might need to clear your cache. Post a reply here if anything on vorb has suddenly stopped working as a result of this fix
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby scatter on Sun 24/Nov/13 10:16am

It works! Thanks team :)
So what was the problem? :eh:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Kev on Sun 24/Nov/13 10:38am

My guess is Google changed something in Chrome so it no longer played nicely with the software vorb uses for the popup bubbles. We were able to resolve the problem by updating the bubble code.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts