Re: Vorb Maintenance

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 21/Nov/13 4:00pm

Rik wrote:Do you want some Ugg boots? - I have an excess of stock I can let you have at great discount rates.

how may pairs can I get for a PSP and a bmx?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby scatter on Thu 21/Nov/13 7:03pm

Anyone else having issues on Chrome? I can't highlight text :huh:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby wachtourak on Thu 21/Nov/13 7:09pm

scatter wrote:Anyone else having issues on Chrome? I can't highlight text :huh:

Me too. I can only highlight a whole line/paragraph if I double-click it, then have to use shift+arrow keys to highlight what I want.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Kev on Fri 22/Nov/13 10:42am

Yesterdays outage was the result of someone in Milan, Italy attempting to hack vorb by using SQL injection on their page requests. We blocked the IP as soon as we realised what was going on.

Further analysis showed that they had not been able to break in or extract any private data but they were able overload the database which caused the outage. We have added some input variable sanitation to the area of vorb where they were able to cause trouble so we should not have the same problems when they come back.

As for Chrome I am seeing the same problem (unable to highlight text) as soon as I load a vorb page but if I click on a different chrome tab and then return to the vorb tab highlighting works fine. Did this previously work? I'm a Firefox user so never noticed an issue.
Kev
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Rik on Fri 22/Nov/13 10:52am

fugspit wrote:As for Chrome I am seeing the same problem (unable to highlight text) as soon as I load a vorb page but if I click on a different chrome tab and then return to the vorb tab highlighting works fine. Did this previously work? I'm a Firefox user so never noticed an issue.

I noticed this last week in Chrome, but it was on a completely different website. So I don't think the problem is with vorb. But I'm prepared to be proved wrong.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Malcy on Fri 22/Nov/13 11:06am

Rik wrote:
fugspit wrote:As for Chrome I am seeing the same problem (unable to highlight text) as soon as I load a vorb page but if I click on a different chrome tab and then return to the vorb tab highlighting works fine. Did this previously work? I'm a Firefox user so never noticed an issue.

I noticed this last week in Chrome, but it was on a completely different website. So I don't think the problem is with vorb. But I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG been waiting to say this for YEARS!

No probs in IE, works a treat!

:D
Malcy

Postby Malcy on Fri 22/Nov/13 11:07am

That said, I think there have been a rather large number of changes done in the Google realms.

Youtube is unable to be watched from my phone. Well, I can watch, but if the video has an advert, then I can only see the ad. IE10 is a little weird with Gmail and Gchat.

So if there're weirdnesses afoot with Chrome, I'd not be too surprised.
Malcy

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 22/Nov/13 11:35am

O noes, the weirdness wars have begun again!

They did this back around the turn of the century, I'm still not on speaking terms with the friends who abandoned standard HTML to follow the wicked path of Microsoft proprietary antistandard standards.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby scatter on Fri 22/Nov/13 11:42am

Tried as you suggested but doesn't work. It used to work okay :huh:
scatter

Postby Oli on Fri 22/Nov/13 12:17pm

Rik wrote:

Definitely only on Vorb for me. Chrome user here.
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 22/Nov/13 12:31pm

same
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Rik on Fri 22/Nov/13 12:50pm

Try some thing for me people -

I have just updated Chrome, and I have the problem AND I only have it on vorb :(

BUT If I make the chrome window smaller, either Hightwise or Widthwise. my select comes back :) . Does this fix it for anyone else. If it does then thats messed up!
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Fri 22/Nov/13 12:58pm

Exactly the same for me; if I minimise the browser page select comes back, but if I'm full page it ain't there! :huh:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby scatter on Fri 22/Nov/13 1:11pm

Oli wrote:Exactly the same for me; if I minimise the browser page select comes back, but if I'm full page it ain't there! :huh:

Ha!
I just minimised the browser then full screened it. Lo and behold, I can select again!

Making the window smaller using the "restore down" button didn't make any difference.
scatter

Postby .I. on Fri 22/Nov/13 3:10pm

scatter wrote:
Oli wrote:Exactly the same for me; if I minimise the browser page select comes back, but if I'm full page it ain't there! :huh:

Ha!
I just minimised the browser then full screened it. Lo and behold, I can select again!

Making the window smaller using the "restore down" button didn't make any difference.

Bizzare, for I, using "restore botton" then scrolling down using the mouse wheel made it work :crazy:
.I.
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts